Just Him. Monaco Baby. 10 weeks.

Unfinished, abandoned chapter.
If that pregnancy test in Barcelona had been positive.....

Chloe sat slumped on the floor in the toilet of Seb's changing room, it had only been a couple of days after finding out that she was pregnant when the sickness had started and today it was particularly bad. Spending the Thursday practice day with her head over the toilet bowl was not what she had planned to be doing at the glamorous Monaco grand prix. Feeling ok enough to move she slowly stood up and checked her reflection in the mirror. She looked rough. She lifted up her top and examined her tummy, she was sure she could see a hint of roundness to it that wasn't there before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Seb's brows furrowed in concern as he saw Antti approach him with Silvia by his side. He was going to have to be careful what he said here, Antti was the only one who knew that Chloe was pregnant and he wanted it to stay that way for as long as they both felt it necessary.
"Hi Seb." Antti took Seb's helmet from him, his balaclava and gloves were already tucked inside it and his HANS device was re-attached. "How did that feel?" He handed Seb his drinks bottle.

"I just can't seem to get enough heat into those tyres, they felt fucking awful." Seb shook his head. "Where's Chloe?" He asked, turning to Silvia.

"She's not feeling well so she asked if I could step in." Silvia replied, handing him his sunglasses and a red cap with Niki emblazoned across the front.

"Ok, well make this quick." He started to walk towards the media pen. "Couple of questions max and then we move on to the next one, ok." He was keen to get back and check on Chloe.

"I'll try my best Seb." Silvia walked alongside him.

"No, forget trying. That's what is going to happen. I'm not hanging around in there." He felt agitated, Chloe not being here felt wrong.

"I'll check on her, she was still in your changing room when I last saw her." Antti was walking the other side of him and gave Silvia a sympathetic smile as she looked at him anxiously. Seb's mind was racing as they walked, it felt as though things were moving really fast. From finding out she was pregnant nearly two weeks ago, they'd had to stay in Barcelona for testing, arriving home to Switzerland a week ago. The day after that he'd got her an appointment at a private clinic in Zurich where a blood test and a scan had revealed she was nine weeks pregnant, with a due date of December 19th. Further along than either of them had expected. It meant she'd most certainly miss the last race of the season, the Abu Dhabi grand prix, and possibly the one before that in Brazil. Now she was ten weeks along, already a quarter of the way through and baby Vettel was making his or her presence felt by giving her awful morning sickness that sometimes lasted for most of the day, like today, and Seb was only just starting to get his head around it all. After speaking to only a few journalists, he gave Silvia the slip as soon as he possibly could and jogged the entire length of the pitlane and then further on until he reached the teams hospitality area. He quickly ran up a set of stairs and into his changing room. As he opened the door he could hear her wretching in the toilet.

"Hey liebe." He entered the small bathroom to see her kneeling on the floor with her head over the toilet. She put a hand up in acknowledgement which made him chuckle. "I won't ask how you feel." He stood and leant against the wall.

"If this is what the entire pregnancy is going to be like then I'm fucked." She moaned, her voice sounding deeper in the confines of the toilet bowl.

"It'll pass, you won't feel like this all the time." He watched as she sat up. "Have you kept your fluid intake up?"

"Bit difficult to do that when I can't keep anything down." She slowly turned to look at him. "Ah jeez Seb! How can you have driven two practice sessions and still look that gorgeous while I've done fuck all and look like shit?"