LAW Update. Ectsasy & agony 2

Sophie had never seen Seb so restless and pensive before. During the flight his only communication with his wife had been through emails and he'd been constantly checking his inbox, pacing up and down and checking the time. Having completed a race earlier in the day and not being able to get any sleep on the flight, he looked exhausted as they left the small terminal that handled private flights at Zürich.

As they bundled into the car, a new black Aston Martin DBX, given to him when he'd joined the team, he finally spoke to her; his first words since just after the race. "Thank you, Sophie."

She could hear the stress and worry in his voice and it made his gratitude mean even more. "No need to thank me, I'm your friend as well as your PT. I wasn't going to let you come all this way back on your own."

He gave her a small smile in acknowledgment. Although he hadn't said it out loud, he'd been grateful for her company. Even though they'd not spoken until now her presence had been something of a comfort to him, just knowing that he wasn't alone and that she was there if he'd wanted to talk meant a lot. Before they left he connected his phone up to the car so that he could call Chloe while he drove. The last he'd heard the news hadn't been bad but it hadn't been particularly great either, she was having regular but mild contractions. Labour had definitely begun.

"Hey, you've landed then?" Chloe's voice filled the car as he pulled out of the parking space.

"We're now leaving the car park." He replied, driving a little faster than he knew he should be towards the exit.

"You've bought Sophie?"

"Yeah."

"I did wonder, I saw Britta on tv before they picked me up earlier."

Reaching the exit he looked right and left before swinging the car out and unleashing it's power on the road. "What's going on? Any changes?" He asked worriedly.

"Not really. I just want you here."

As her voice broke he lifted a hand from the steering wheel and rubbed the back of his neck. It felt a little achy and a remedial check over by Sophie had been the last thing on his mind earlier today. "I'm on my way liebe, I'll be as quick as I can. Just try to stay calm and positive."

"It's like they just can't wait to be born but they're too early, they won't be ready. I'm so scared that they won't make...."

"Don't even go there, they'll be fine, I promise you." He cut her off as the thought of one or both the twins not surviving made him feel cold and sick. "I'll be with you in less than twenty minutes, okay?"

"Yeah." She croaked tearfully.

"Where's Luis? Is he with you?"

"Gabriel asked his on duty assistant to take care of him, he's in a room up the corridor but they do keep bringing him in to me as I think he knows that somethings going on and he's fretting."

"I'll come into the hospital with you and take him if you like." Sophie offered straight away. "I can always take him back to yours and stay there with him for as long as you need me to."

Seb glanced her way, shooting her a grateful smile while Chloe replied, "That'd be great Sophie, I think he'll settle if he's back home."

"I'll end the call and be with you very soon." Seb said, trying to sound upbeat while pulling out into another lane to overtake as much traffic as he could.

"Okay. I love you, see you in a bit."

"Love you too." He ended the call and took a deep breath, trying to keep his head level and to concentrate on the road. This was crazy. Chloe was right, it was too soon for the twins to come now, they'd need help in a neonatal care unit for sure and it could be weeks before they were allowed home. How the hell was he going to juggle his schedule with the hours and days he'd want to spend by Chloe's and the new babies sides? And what about Luis? They'd need help to take care of him too.