LAW Update. Monaco '22. Part 1

May 2022.

Chloe looked at herself in the mirror, she just wasn't feeling it tonight, she just didn't want to be sociable. All she wanted to do was get all three of her babies and Seb in bed with her so that they could watch a movie and cuddle. Instead Heike had organised a family meal with Norbert and Fabian and had hired a chef and waiting staff for the evening.

As she tied her hair back into a low ponytail she wondered if her black playsuit was too much for a meal with Seb's family. Although it had a high neckline, the shorts part to it felt very short and she kind of felt like her behind was exposed.

"There you are," Seb appeared in the doorway to their room, making her jump. She'd been extremely jumpy ever since yesterday morning when his rucksack had been stolen from the open window of the DBX outside the hotel in Barcelona. She'd been stood at the open back door of it at the time, leaning in to tend to a crying Katrina in her car seat when the thieves had struck, stopping on a moped to snatch the bag from the passenger seat right next to where she was standing. Only the seat and the car door had separated her from the man on the back of the moped. Seb had thought quickly to borrow a woman's moped the second he realised what had happened and had gone after them, following their trail on his phone thanks to the GPS signal on his Apple Air Pods. After a while he'd recovered his ear buds but that was it, his bag was nowhere to be seen. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you jump," he added as he walked towards her.

"I'm not sure I'm hungry," she sighed as he stopped behind her and tenderly stroked the slither of bare skin on her back, visible through the cut out keyhole detail on the back of her playsuit.

"You've barely eaten a thing since yesterday," he pointed out, leaning in to kiss her neck.

"Can you blame me?" She snapped, flinching away from him and moving to stand a few paces away.

Turning around he put his hands on his hips, looking at her accusingly, "you can't still be mad at me, surely?"

"I just want to stay indoors and spend time with my children," she retorted icily.

"You're mad at me," he rolled his eyes.

"What do you expect Seb?!" she didn't want to raise her voice but still feeling shaken up about the whole thing, she couldn't help it. "You went off after those men like some kind of mad man, they could have been armed with knives or something."

"They had my stuff, I wasn't going to just do nothing," he replied defensively.

"The hotel had called the police Seb, you were supposed to wait for them. Instead you left me on my own, shaking like a fucking leaf with three upset kids!"

"And I said I was sorry for that, I'll say it again and again if I have to," he walked over to her and put his hands on her hips to pull her close, "please liebe, let's forget that for now and enjoy the evening, I hate to see this still affecting you."

"Isn't it still affecting you? That these two men robbed your fucking car while your wife and three of your children were in it?" She tried to pull herself out of his grasp but he was too strong as he slid his arms around her.

"You know it's still affecting me, I don't know what I would have done if any of you had been hurt but you wasn't....."

"Oh, well that's ok then," she huffed sarcastically, pushing on his chest to try and get him away from her.

"Don't be like this," he softened his tone and pressed his lips gently to her forehead, "the police are dealing with it, we've stepped up security here and we will at home. If you let them get to you then they've won."

"You were a fucking idiot, you could have been seriously fucking hurt," she muttered quietly but angrily as she recalled him disappearing on that scooter.