K.V. [III]

"What are you doing? Just choose one." Kate grumbled as Seb flicked through song after song that was stored on his iPhone using the controls on the steering wheel.

"I'm trying to find one that Kellan might like." He grinned and moved the rear view mirror so he could see his son sleeping in his rear facing car seat. Using a handily placed mirror on the backseat headrest the baby was easily seen in the reflection.

"He's asleep and even if he was awake I don't think he'd be overly arsed what your music taste is." She huffed. "However, I am and Show Me Heaven is a complete no go." She reached forward and skipped to another track, she couldn't bare any emotional tracks right now when her own emotions were still on a knife edge.

"Kate?"

"What?" She looked at him.

"You sure you're still ok with this? If you want to go back....."

"Seb?"

"What?"

"Just drive." She turned her head to face the window. "And try to figure how you're not going to get papped at the airport with a woman whose not your wife who's carrying a baby."

"We're not going to the airport." He scrolled on the screen and selected Britta's name, a ringing tone soon replaced the music and very quickly Britta answered.

"Hallo Sebastian."

"Hi, is the plane there ready?" He asked.

"Yes, I've had confirmation only a few minutes ago." She replied. "You can get straight onboard, I've organised for the car to be collected too."

"Thank you Britta."

"Can I ask how many of you are travelling?"

"You can." He glanced at Kate before answering. "Three." He smiled as he answered.

"So you'll need me to get those items you requested then?" Britta remained professional.

"Yes, get as much as you can, as discreetly as you can and leave it at Antti's place. I'll deal with it when we arrive."

"I'll do my best. See you when you get here."

"Bye Britta." He cut the call and the music came back on, a fast, upbeat dance track filled the car.

"Britta's got to be discreet huh?" Kate mused. "What are these items you've requested then?"

"Things for Kellan, he'll need a cot, changing gear, toys and I'll be having a spare room turned into a nursery." He replied, keeping his eyes on the road.

"Aren't you worried your wife might see all this?" She asked.

"I'll have to make sure she doesn't, but if she does then I'll deal with that at the time."

"So there's a chance she could?"

"There's always going to be a chance, but that's for me to worry about and not you." He placed a hand on her thigh.

"Seb?" She looked down at his hand and he moved it back to the steering wheel. "How come we're not going to an airport?"

"Well, we kind of are but it's a small private airfield that deals with alot of private jets."

"Private jets?!" She squeaked then quickly thought about it. "Of course, you're an F1 driver, why fly cattle class when you can have your own plane. It must have cost a fortune though."

"Well, like you said, I had to try and figure out how to avoid us being photographed and this way, we won't." He glanced in his mirror again, thinking that he'd heard a noise from Kellan. He had, his son was awake and those two small blue eyes seemed to staring right back at him. "You know how private I am, I protect my family from the press and gossip columns and I will be exactly the same with you and my son."