The hunt (2)

"For what it's worth, I think you're crazy." Antti twirled a finger at the side of his head while Seb looked at a street map of Zürich on his phone. "She could be anywhere. She'll be hanging out with the wrong crowd, people who would probably knife you just for your wallet. She could be on drugs. It's the middle of winter. she could laying somewhere overdosed and de....."

"Enough!" Seb snapped, cutting his Finnish trainer off. The thought of something awful happening to Lina twisted inside him like a knife. "If you're not prepared to help then why have you even bothered to come?!"

"Why are you so determined to find this girl?" Antti countered.

"Because she's out there on her own, she looked pale, gaunt and frightened and I want to help her." Seb replied with gritted determination. He would find this girl, he had to. Ever since he'd seen her nearly one week ago, she was all he could think about. She was the last thing he thought of at night, he dreamed about her and she was first thing he thought of when he woke up. She haunted his thoughts nearly every minute of every day to the point that Antti had noticed how distracted he'd become during their training sessions and had literally dragged a confession out of him, making him tell the Finn all about his beautiful stranger. He was not going to find out that she'd died either from hypothermia or an overdose, he was going to find her and she was going to be fine. There was no other option. "If you don't want to help then stay in the car." He added as he opened the door and got out, slamming it shut behind him.

Antti huffed and rolled his eyes. It wasn't the first time his driver had fallen for some random woman (though homeless women weren't usually his type), Seb was a sucker for a pretty face and always had been and this girl was clearly his latest infatuation. Although he wouldn't admit it, Seb was looking for this girl for more reasons other than to just help her. "Fine. I'll spend the day freezing my balls off just so you can find some drug riddled girl because she's got the same name your race car had, you fancy her and think you can save her." Antti groaned, knowing that Seb couldn't hear him and then got out of the car too.

"You're going to help then, are you?" Seb arched a characteristic brow at his trainer who shoved his gloved hands into his coat pockets.

"If it puts your mind at rest and means you'll focus on pre-season training, then yes."

"Thanks." He looked around, checking immediate doorways for any sign of her. "We need to split up, I'll go this way....." He pointed towards the street where he'd last seen her. ".....and you can search in the other direction."

"You do know that I don't actually know what she looks like apart from what you've told me, right?"

"You'll know her when you see her, that's all I can say." Seb replied, glancing up to the heavy, leaden sky as the snow came down at a heavier rate than it had all morning. He knew for definite that he'd recognise her stunningly blue eyes anywhere and that today, he'd find her. He looked back to find that Antti had already gone striding off down the street, the hunt had begun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"This is fucking ridiculous." Antti muttered as he entered a park. It wasn't a huge area and was fenced off by black iron railings and he stood, scanning the area from left to right, looking for any sign Seb's mysterious Lina. All he could see was a blanket of white, there were barely any footprints in the snow apart from a few that indicated that someone had walked their dog through here. An empty play area stood in the right hand corner with all it's equipment capped in snow and the benches, as he walked further in, clearly hadn't been touched. There was absolutely no one here. He'd only been searching for an hour but already it felt like a pointless exercise. He hadn't even seen any homeless people, maybe there was a shelter they could go to when the weather was bad, like it was now. Maybe it was time to go and defrost in the café he'd seen about five minutes ago? He turned around and headed back out of the gate to get back on the street and start to retrace his steps. He'd get a coffee and a cinnamon swirl and then start again, even though looking for a homeless woman in a city the size of Zürich would literally be like looking for the proverbial needle in the haystack. What was Seb going to do if or when he found Lina anyway? Give her money that she'd probably blow on drugs? Buy her more food? Bring her back home with him? Britta would go mental if he did that and his parents definitely wouldn't approve. The security risk could be huge, bringing a woman like her back who he didn't even know - what if she turned out to be some kind of psycho? Imagine if the press got to know about it? Had he even thought this through?