Heartbroken 1

Looking at the multitude of Instagram posts she couldn't believe what she was seeing but it was plain as day, clear for her and the whole world to see and tagged with the hashtag '#married'. Placing her phone down slowly on the table she closed her eyes as she let it sink in, he was married. The man she had fallen so deeply in love with and thought that he loved her too had got married just a few short days ago to the woman he kept saying he would leave for her. Her bottom lip trembled and breathing became shaky and hitched in her throat. She fought hard not to cry, she couldn't break down in front of a room full of guests and colleagues.
"Are you ok?" Mattia Binotto appeared in front of her table, concerned that a member of his strategy team looked distressed.

"Ahm....yeah, I'm fine." She straightened her back and squared her shoulders as she struggled to control her emotions.

"Sure?" Mattia observed her over the top of his round spectacles.

"Absolutely." She tried her hardest to keep her voice even.

"Ok, I wont keep you, I am sure you are busy getting ready for the track walk and strategy meeting." He nodded his head to her.

"Yeah, sure." She rose from her seat. "I'll just be in the office upstairs." She left her table a little more quickly than she intended to and her face crumpled the second her back was turned to the team boss. By the time she got upstairs she couldn't stop the tears that were streaming down her face and she broke down in to harsh sobs the moment the door closed. The news had shocked her, shaken her to her very core and left her feeling completely heartbroken. She had never felt pain like this before as she slid down the door until she was sat on the floor, holding her knees and rocking in a useless attempt to soothe herself. There was a knock on the door and she held her breath, not wanting anyone to hear her crying.

"Scarlett?" Sebastian's voice could be heard through the door and he tried to open it, pushing it against her. She remained silent, holding her breath as long as she could. "Letty, I know you're in there, let me in." As he used his nickname for her she released the breath she was holding and her chest heaved up and down as she fought not to cry.

"Leave me alone Seb." Her voice shook as she spoke.

"I want to talk to you, to explain." He pressed against the door again, but was met with silence and her refusal to move and let him in. "Scarlett, please!" He gently tapped on the door and stood waiting for a response, when it became clear after a few more minutes that she wasn't going to talk to him he backed away. "We'll talk later, yes?" He spoke to the door one more time before leaving her alone, the sounds of her sobs could be heard clearly as she started to cry again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After spending the whole of Thursday avoiding Seb and even going as far as booking herself into a cheap hotel away from the team, she found herself cornered by him in the team's conference room the next day. With his race overall hanging from his waist she eyed his fit, toned body and the realisation that he belonged to someone else stung her once again as she spied his gold wedding band, looking shiny and new. It had barely been on his finger for a week.
"You should be in your garage." She leaned on the table looking across it at him as he swiftly made his way around it to her.

"I'm prepared to be late if it means I get to see you." He placed his hands at her waist, wanting to have her close.

"Bastard!" She spat, bringing her hand to his face and making him feel her fury as she slapped him hard.

"Letty! What the fuck!" His left hand went up to his stinging cheek and his mouth hung open in shock.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" She shrieked as she grabbed his hand. "Do I mean that little to you?!" She pushed his hand towards his face, his wedding band glinting in the light that came through the window. She broke down and let go of his hand. "You said you'd leave her, you said you loved me!"