LAW Update. Rekindling

Thursday July 15th. Silverstone, UK.

Despite having a busy day ahead of him, Seb had insisted on collecting his wife from the aerodrome near Silverstone and he stayed in the car to wait for her so he didn't get spotted by members of the public. He looked at his watch and then tapped impatiently on the steering wheel while checking in the mirrors for any sign of her. Even though it had only been a few days since he'd last seen her on Sunday, he'd missed her loads and couldn't wait to see her; not least because she was spending the weekend with him 'child free'. It had been hard work trying to convince her to fly out to the UK so that they could spend some quality time together and he really thought she could do with a few days away from it all and maybe use the time to de stress. And he'd love to able to de stress her, he could think of several ways to do that and all of them involved the pair of them being naked. Grabbing his phone from the pocket on the inside of the door, he opened the calendar app and counted the weeks - five weeks and three days. That was how old the twins were and how long ago Chloe had had her caesarean. Was it too soon to broach the subject of sex? Would she be ready for it? He hoped so, it had been a very long time since they'd last been intimate and he was longing to rekindle their sex life. With another glance in the mirror, he saw her and he opened the car door and leapt out to help her with her case, mindful that she shouldn't be lifting too much just yet.

Seb was a beautiful sight for her tired, heavy eyes and she let go of the case she'd been pulling to fling her arms around him. It had been a long three days without him and despite feeling horrifically guilty about leaving Luis and the twins behind, she was so pleased to be reunited with her husband. Aware that people were now starting to stare, she stepped back before he had the chance to kiss her.

A quick glance around told him the reason why she stepped back and he opened the boot of the black DBX, loading her case into it as she got straight into the car. Even though they'd not said a word to each other and not shared a kiss, he appreciated her keenness to get going. People were already staring and mobile phones were already starting to aimed in their direction.

Chloe was straight on the phone the second she had the door closed, desperate to know how Katrina and Milo had been since she'd seen them last night. "Hi mum, it's me, I've landed ok and just got in the car. How's things? Are the twins ok?"

"They're perfectly fine, stop worrying about them so much. Heike is holding Milo at the moment and your dad is holding Katrina. They've been weighed this morning and they've both gained again."

"I still feel so wrong being here, so far away from them." She sighed and examined her bitten finger nails on her left hand while behind her, Seb had closed the boot.

"Well stop. It'll do you good to have a few days away and you'll be back here Sunday night. Enjoy some time alone with Seb, he'll be pleased to have you there to support him. He'll have missed you not travelling to races with him."

"I know, I just can't help it." She glanced to her right as he got back into the car and closed the door before putting his seatbelt on. "I feel like I should be there."

"You need to relax and just take a few days for yourself, it'll do you both good."

Obviously able to hear what her mum had just said, he put a hand on her thigh and she offered him a small smile in return. "I'm going to go now mum, give them and Luis a big kiss from us, tell them we miss them and will be back soon."

"I will and please stop worrying and try to enjoy yourself."

"I'll try. I'll call you later."

"Call us tonight. If anything changes, though nothing will because the twins will be fine, I'll call you."