The Find (3)

Just to clarify with the name "Lena" - Seb thinks it's spelt like his car (Lina) when it's actually the other way around. This is why you will often see it spelt both ways in the story.

**************

"Sebastian?"

He turned to look down the passageway, he didn't recognise the hoarse, frail sounding voice but he knew it was the voice of a woman. It had to be her. It had to be Lina. He stood rooted to the spot, torn between walking towards the shadowy figure and staying where he was. He had to think of his own safety, what if she was trying to lure him down there because someone else was waiting for him? He heard her hiss in pain, she was obviously hurt and he went to move but then stopped himself again. What if she wasn't alone? She wouldn't trick him, would she?

"What are you doing here?" The voice grew a little stronger as the figure made her way, slowly, along the passageway towards him. Along with her shivering, her feet were dragging audibly along the ground as she gradually got closer, emerging from the shadows.

Her ghostly white face came into view and for the first time he could see those striking blue eyes and a visible bruise on her left cheek along with a black eye and cut, swollen bottom lip. He took a step backwards and his breath caught in his throat as her frail appearance sent him reeling. His heart broke in two at the sight of her. "Lina." He gasped.

She stopped at the entrance to the passageway and leant heavily against the wall, holding her left arm to try and give some relief to her shoulder. She looked at Seb questionably, as he stood there looking back at her. To say he looked shocked was an understatement, he looked horrified and she felt ashamed that he was seeing her in this sorry, fragile state and then angry at the way he was so openly staring. "What are you doing here?" She asked him again, her voice shaking as she shivered.

"I....I uhm...." He stuttered, trying to get his brain to function enough to string a sentence together. He'd feared and hoped to god that nothing bad had happened to her when he'd first got to Zürich to look for her but very obviously it had. He felt as though he'd found her much too late.

"Fine then." She pushed herself off of the wall using her behind and went to turn away to head back down the passageway. Who the fuck did he think he was?! He'd obviously just come to stare at the 'poor homeless girl'. Well he could do one.

"No! Wait!" In a snap reaction he lurched forward and put his hand on her left shoulder to stop her.

She hissed like a scolded cat with the pain and turned back to face him.

"You're hurt." He whimpered.

"Damn! These are such a giveaway, right?" She drawled sarcastically and let go of her arm to point at the bruises on her face.

"Who did this to you?" He asked, gasping again as he noticed bruising on her wrist where her sleeve had moved.

"It doesn't matter." She looked down shamefully. "You still haven't answered my question."

"I came here to look for you." He answered, wishing she'd lift her gaze back up to him.

"Well you've found me so....." She trailed off.

"Please tell me you've found her, only I'm freezing my balls off here.....oh...." Antti came to a sudden stop as his eyes landed on the frail figure standing opposite Seb. He didn't have to ask who the girl was, he knew. His stomach lurched at the sight of her, beaten black and blue by the guy he'd spoken to only a short time ago. Her appearance made him want to go back to that man and repay the favour but he knew that beating the crap out of a homeless guy wouldn't look good, not only on him but especially on Seb.