Just Him. Meet the parents. Unused chapter.

The sky was gloomy and the air was a little cool as Chloe drove the BMW X5M into a space in the small carpark of Thornhill Surgery in Southampton. It was good to be home, even if it was only for one night. She cut the engine, removed her seatbelt and glanced at her watch. She had ten minutes before her appointment with her doctor.
"Are you sure I can't come in with you? I'll get bored sitting here liebe." Seb whined.

"Its best you stay here, hopefully I won't be long. Can you grab my bag from behind my seat?" She didn't want him being recognised in the waiting room, she didn't want more photos circulating that could cause rumours. Seb huffed and reached behind her seat to get her bag. "Danke." She said as he gave it to her. She leant over and kissed him, smiling as she felt his hands cupping her face while he kissed her back, he lightly traced his tongue over her lips, wanting to make their kiss all the more intimate. "Later superstar." She murmured as she pulled away and stroked his face. She gave him another smile and then got out of the car. Seb watched her walk away in the mirror and huffed again, now he had to sit here and wait. His least favourite thing.

******************************

Chloe booked in on the screen and then took a seat in the waiting room. She looked around, she hadn't been in here for over three years and nothing had changed. It was still the same line up of multicolored chairs, the same magnolia coloured walls and probably the same old magazines as she looked at the magazine rack in the corner. Even the receptionist was still the same woman as before, a sour faced older woman with dark grey hair and glasses who Chloe thought should have retired by now. Her phone buzzed in her bag and she smiled, she'd only been gone a few minutes and she knew that Seb's boredom would be kicking in and that he'd be texting her to say just that. As she rummaged in her bag for her phone she came across the pregnancy test she'd taken in Barcelona. Her smile faded as she looked at the words still showing on the display, 'no embarazada'. She had looked at it a few times over the past few days and each time it had made her feel a little sad. Now she was sat here waiting for her appointment to have her implant removed and another one fitted but she the more she thought about it, the more she realised she didn't want that. Leaving the test in her bag she retrieved her phone which had vibrated twice more. She unlocked it to read her texts. 'Bored x' was the first message. Then the second was a picture of a seagull on the bonnet of the car. 'What the fuck is this? What is it with the gulls here, they are huge, like they are on steroids x' was the accompanying message. She smiled and shook her head in amusement and texted back 'Company for you :) x'. Within a minute he sent a reply; 'It's just shit on the car 🤢 x'. She stifled a giggle just as her name and a room number appeared on the screen. It was time to make her decision.

*********************************

Seb checked the time again on his phone, she'd been gone for nearly thirty minutes which felt like an eternity to him. He was getting restless now and figited in his seat, he was sick of the sight of his view of the privet hedge in front of the car and the huge seagull had returned once more and was giving him a beady eyed look through the windscreen. He turned in his seat to look out of the rear window, still no sign of her. When he turned back the seagull was even closer to the windscreen so he leaned over to the drivers side and beeped the horn to frighten it away. The car door opened and Chloe appeared in his view.
"You scared the shit out of me just then." She muttered as she got in. "Did you have to do that just as I got near the car?"

"Sorry, I didn't see you coming. That fucking seagull wouldn't take the hint." Seb moaned. "Look at the crap it's left on the car."

"Good job it's only a rental car, someone else can clean that off cos I'm not touching it." She put her seatbelt on and started the car. "Had fun amusing yourself?"