Chapter 154- the fruit of our labour

(I know you all wanted a House POV but it's not a living entity and I didn't want to do something that could lessen or dampen its own quirkiness so! Bringing home birth by a complete unanimous decision but with house interactions in large doses instead! Enjoy!)

YOONGI POV:

My hands are already pulsing out calm, knowing that I have to get the coven under control, have to keep everyone level even if my own feelings spike when (Y/N)'s confusion and fear settles in.

Contractions before her waters broke.

So she wasn't in labour yet. Or fully beginning to be.

But her body was trying to prepare itself to be.

My hands stabilise her, steadying her when she leans against me, shuddering breaths against the side of my neck, arm holding her protectively.

Around us the house rumbles, jitters as the frames shake, the floor steady despite the reverberations. Just as panicked and worried.

Concerned for her.

And the look Hobi shoots is wary too. Unsure as to how to progress from here, it was clear he hadn't wanted to alarm anyone but the way her voice wavers and trembles, uncertainty pitching it, it already has the others stirring and shifting close. It has Jiminie rushing to be close to her, physically aching to lessen the distance between the two of them, ready and desperate to have strength and concern to wind around her instead of the panic that was beginning to roll off her.

"It's okay sweetheart. This can happen too." Hobi is soothing her, Jin hyung's face struck with shock and a sudden lost helplessness that makes my heart twist.

He looks for the first time in centuries...uncertain. Looks just as panicked and confused and unknowing as us.

Just as fretting when he approaches, hand on the low of her back as he presses a kiss to her head, holds her when she shudders and leans into him, breath still heavy and eyes flashing with pain as the contraction occurs still.

"Sweetheart where exactly is most of the pain?" Joon asks, frown marring his usually dimpled lips as he steps forward, hands hovering and fretting.

Trying to get her to sit down, to calm her down. Hands hovering uncertainly.

But then she gives a weak shuddery laugh, a deep exhale.

"It's fine. It's gone..." she wheezes out, hands reaching to squeeze Jin hyung's hand that rests on her hip, slowly straightening up from against me as I keep a hold on her.

But because her contractions have started. Because her body's started to shift into getting ready for birth, I know that we have to do something.

Keep her as relaxed as we can. 

But Jiminie has other plans, tugging at Hobi and murmuring urgently, voice shaky and hurting.

"Hyung please...please let me be next to her." voice so so needy and wanting.

Hobi slips away from her other side and Jiminie plasters it. Brushing his lips across the top of her cheek, lips moving to press to Jin hyung's cheek, hand settling over mine as he whispers to her.

As she slowly relaxes further against Jin hyung, smile more natural and breaths calming.

Turning less harried.

"Let's get you sitting down. We need to wait for your waters to break and contractions to grow frequent." Hobi says, ushering her towards the stairs.

Knowing it would be better to get her comfortable from earlier on.

In agreement to his words the house lowers the steps as we move to the stairs, turning them into close steps, lowered with every step she takes and rising up to lessen the distance she has to walk, lessening the distance she has to take in every careful step of her feet.