Chapter 51- new experiences

(Y/N) POV:

It's Yoongi and Jimin who appear at the end of my shift the next day, having sent me courting gifts this morning and been there to take me to lessons- I'd have thought it would be one of the others but I'm pleased nonetheless- and my heart skips a beat when the two of them turning sweet soft smiles to me when I appear with my bag- having surprised me when the two rise with fluid unison from the armchairs in the corner as I'd approached.

"I'd have thought you guys would've had your daily dose of me by now." I tease as way of greeting, going to hug the two of them briefly and when I lean back Jimin is shaking his head.

"Never. Although Hobi hyung would've come to but he had a dance rehearsal to get to." He explains.

But when I turn to Yoongi- there's a stiffness around the corners of his mouth, almost as if the curve of his smile is strained and forced, eyes stormy and silently brewing with something. Ever since Yoongi and I had spoken that day- I found that reading his emotions hadn't been as hard as I'd envisioned, he is fairly easy to understand, not as shuttered and shut off as I think he likes to believe. And I know I'm not mistaking the slight feeling of panic that threads itself through our bond- something is bothering him. And I make a note to ask him about it later- not knowing whether or not he's comfortable about speaking about it in front of the others.

"Hyung said he'd be happy if we visited though." Jimin adds, looking at me with hope and excitement sparkling in his eyes.

And the idea of seeing Hoseokie dance, to see him so in his element, doing what he loves- it's appealing and I find myself nodding my head eagerly.

"I'd love to." I reply, allowing Jimin to excitedly tug me out of the café, Yoongi following us and he tugs me to sit next to him in the backseat of the car- our sides pressing against each other, the solid, toned frame of his against my softer warm one.

But during the ride I can't help the way my eyes are drawn to Yoongi time and time again- I'm so sure I'm not imagining the stiffness in his shoulders, as though he's struggling to keep them upright, or the way when I catch a glimpse of his face in the rear-view mirror where for a moment his expression falls and the curve of his lips droop downwards.

"Are you hungry?" he suddenly asks, clearing his throat first- voice slightly thick, filled with unexpressed emotions.

It turns out he's asking me, given the way Jimin's body shifts so he too can look at me, awaiting my answer.

"Not really, I have dinner with the Ims today anyways- Jinyoung oppa doesn't like it if I come with a 'spoiled appetite'." I say, smiling fondly at the memories of the countless time he nags me fondly, exasperatedly watching when I'm unable to finish the food on my plate.

But when I focus on Jimin I can see a flash of jealousy pass across his face.

"We should do dinner nights too." Jimin mumbles, reaching over to snag my hand in his, tugging me impossibly closer- as if any distance between us is too much.

"A drink then." Yoongi negotiates, eyes twinkling as he turns to look at us, making me aware that he's pulled the car to a stop outside a cute teashop.

I nod, acquiescing easily to the sweet soft look he shoots us as he steps out the car, vanishing indoors.

Jimin starts playing with our intertwined hands, swinging them slightly between us, drawing distracting shapes onto my skin with the tip of his finger and occasionally lifting it up to press a small kiss there- lips ever so slightly brushing across them, so feather light that they seem to ghost over them, phantom touches almost. I yearn to feel the full pressure of his plump lips against them but I don't want to rush him into it, even if it does look like he's teasing me given the small smirk tugging at his lips.