Chapter 36- fragile bonds

GYEOM POV:

(Y/N) has finally managed to down some breakfast, I had seen the still-full and barely picked at dosiraks Jin hyung sent over tied up with silk scarves and notes to eat well sitting in the fridge, the silk scarves all reverently folded and placed away and the notes adding to the large pile she had already amassed. And I'd left her curled up on the couch under a blanket as I'd gone to shower; warning her not to budge a single inch. She was deteriorating, the haunted look in her eyes and the pain that wore away at her body attested to that.

After I showered I was going to ask JB hyung to contact the Bangtan coven; enough had been enough, if hyung refused then there was nothing holding me back either. But I knew that the coven had been growing more and more worried; Jinyoung hyung was beginning to stress make batches of potions, stocking up on an already filled store, Mark hyung was beginning to grow silent and sombre everytime she was brought up and in general the ambience had become thick with worry.

I couldn't bear to see her suffering and even though I had cornered Jungkook and pointedly told him that he better get his mates in line before I intervened, it was clear that Jimin hadn't made amends. And when I'd dared to bring him a few times; (Y/N) would either turn away with hurt flashing through her eyes or silently allow the tears to fall- but she had confessed that she seemed to be running into him more, seen his more around the nest; but to avoid further heartache, she avoided him.

Clearly he wasn't trying hard enough, and even as I showered all my thoughts were centralised around her, trying to think of ways of restoring my bubbly blood mate back to her exuberant, sweet self.

And over the rushing flow of water coming out of the showerhead and hitting against the glass and the floor of the shower, I could've sworn I heard a knock at the door. It could've been something I was mishearing but hearing the slight pained groan as (Y/N) shifted, feet padding slowly out into the hallway was definitely not a mistake. Fuming I grabbed the towel and dried myself off, hastily pulling on clothes as I exited the bathroom.

I told her not to move! If it had been one of my mates, they knew the passcode; anyone else could either wait or go back home.

It wasn't a good enough reason.

"Yah (Y/N)! I told you specifically not to move!" I shout, voice reverberating through the apartment, allowing my displeasure to make itself known as I stormed towards her, to hastily usher her back in and glare at whoever had disturbed her rest; she didn't get enough these days to begin with.

But what I didn't expect was to turn the corner, hearing the whisper of a soft pained voice. What shocked me down to the core was to turn to see (Y/N)'s body crumple lifelessly towards the ground, world jolting and floor rushing out from under my feet at the sight.

My blood froze at the sight and my bond screamed.

And when I saw who had been in the doorway, they both boiled with anger. Bright red, vicious and unhindered anger.

JIMIN POV:

It's desperation laced with a weary soul that drives me to (Y/N)'s apartment. Of days passing by with failures at communicating, of getting close. Every time I shifted closer or opened my mouth to speak, to plead for a chance; she flinched or turned away but not quick enough that I didn't see the pain in her eyes. I saw her soul wither away, the toll it was taking on her physically- quicker than it was for me. Because I had six mates whose presences soothed the tear in my soul, she didn't have any of us with her constantly.

The palpable tension and fear was stifling and cloying in the nest. I saw the worry as the five of them tried to get her to eat, wheedle her into taking naps, urging her to just rest when she wavered on her feet; saw the exhaustion lining her eyes and the face that no longer glowed. And I had done that. The knowledge and acceptance of my actions was like a poisoned knife, twisting itself into my flesh, deeply buried to the hilt and a burning sting that only spread outwards.