Chapter 41- a new twist

TAE POV:

I rush out of bed to be downstairs before Jiminie wakes up and consequently (Y/N). Today is the first morning (Y/N) will have spent at the nest and I want everything to go perfectly. Hobi hyung had already woken me up, pressing light kisses across my face as he murmured he was heading down to make breakfast and when I reach the kitchen- he's already his usual veritable boundless source of energy, flitting around as he cooks, music playing and he dances and hums along- drawing in Joon hyung by the hands and spinning him around fondly.

He grins when he catches sight of me, grabbing my wrist to draw me in- pressing a sweet kiss to my mouth before he entrusts Joon hyung to me, rushing off to tend to the stove- muttering under his breath as he catalogues the continuously growing spread of food, filling the table with platters piled high.

I dither about where to put (Y/N)'s courting gift- today it is a pamper set; overflowing with different products and scents for her to try on, all coordinating in colour in the way they've been organised. I wonder whether I should place the basket on her chair, in front of it or simply entrust it to her lap when she sits down. Seeing her smile is a new joy I've harboured, seeing the way her face lights up, cheeks bunch and eyes twinkle, and she has the most adorable, pretty rose blush when she gets flustered. 

Not too long later- the others begin to appear. First of all it's Yoongi hyung, eyes blinking blearily and then confused when his eyes search the kitchen but the question remains in them, he plops himself down into a chair, grunting slightly when Hobi hyung firmly drops into his lap, squeezing him into a tight hug.

And then comes (Y/N) not only with Jiminie but also Jin hyung, whose eyes are a mixture of pride and concern as he ushers the two down into chairs- fretting slightly in the background when he sees (Y/N) stiffly sitting down but he does nothing except gently nudge Hobi hyung with his hip towards the table and finishes up at the stove.

It takes a few moments of Hobi hyung's gentle hands brushing against her brow and Jiminie's too and her smile comes out more naturally and less strained and the smile she shoots next is genuine and unforced. I hurry forward to place the basket down on her lap, waiting eagerly for her response- nerves fluttering as I wait for her to look up.

But when she does look up, my heart that doesn't beat still patters and squeezes at the soft, sweet look in her eyes, lips curved up and expression a mixture of shy and shocked.

"Thank you Taehyung..." she says, eyes blinking up, cheeks beginning to colour rose.

There's the blush I've been waiting for, sweet and enticing. I find myself captivated by the shade, long to immortalise it between splashes of paint or the lens of a camera- maybe one day I'll ask her if I could, bring Kookie in too. But right now it makes my mouth dry and my soul to squeeze in giddy elation.

But what I don't expect is the brief brush of fingers as she brings her hand close to mine, for that explosion of warmth and tingles to dart up my skin and make me shiver. For those petite, slender fingers to gently graze mine and gently entangle them, squeezing slightly as a silent thanks.

Her eyes speak louder than her words do- I can see those emotions floating around in them, that flicker of light and joy she associated with me and I want to make her smile more, laugh more. Want the tinkling sound of her laugh, the sweetness of her giggles, the honeyed warmth of her voice to wrap around my soul and permanently cocoon it in the essence of her. I want her to shape that part of my soul that belongs to her in a way that makes me tethered and truly hers- I want her to shape it with feelings that'll develop and nurture. For a future I envision with all of us.

It brings a wide grin to my face and I can't help but lean in, the call of her presence too strong and demanding to ignore.

I sink into the seat beside her, see the way her body curves towards mine. My eyes drink her in hungrily, commit each detail to memory and still find myself yearning to look at her over and over again. I look down at our entangled fingers and raise my hand, drawing hers with it.