Chapter 161- baby steps

TAE POV:

"...by! By!" Hae cheers once she spots (Y/N) stepping through the door and onto the rooftop garden. She's not alone, smiling as she spots me sitting under the small gazebo that we were under. From behind her are the tall familiar figures of her partners in crime.

Eunwoo and Yugyeom. And they beam when they wave at us to spot sight of Hae waving her own hands back, wriggling on the extensively large picnic blanket Jin hyung had meticulously set up earlier, fiddling with the gazebo to make sure no direct sunlight could burn sweet little Hae. We didn't know how her body would react to temperatures and heat, we didn't know whether she had vampire resistance or a human inclination like (Y/N)'s changed body still did.

"Is that a call for me sweetest godbaby of mine?" Eunwoo calls, eyes crinkled with a grin as he purposely nudges Yugyeom aside and twirls (Y/N) to the side to hurry forward, sinking down in front of us as he reaches for Hae.

She reaches out with a giddy smile, teeny fangs peeking as she stretches her arms outwards. Tottering and teetering as she grabs onto me and pushes herself to stand. Wobbling precariously even as she beams.

"Up! Up!" she demands, a gurgle of happiness when he immediately complies, lifting her up and peppering kisses across her face. I watch her hands flail before they settle on his face, brushing her nose against his as she babbles. A stream of half words and sounds as she tries to talk to him.

"It was a call for me! I'm her favourite godfather!" Yugyeomie protests as he reaches us, dropping down behind Eunwoo to coo over his shoulder, distracting her focus away from the one holding her as he makes faces behind Eunwoo, face scrunched and laughing with delight when it makes Hae wriggle with excitement.

"Maybe it wasn't for either of you. Maybe it was for me. Her mama." (Y/N) says, laughing as she nudges aside both to press a kiss to Hae's forehead before she moves to walk around them to settle beside me. Body bending down to curve next to me until my hands reach out and draw her down onto my lap. Capturing her and holding her as I lean against her back, humming as I nose at her throat before pressing a kiss there.

"Good day out?" I ask, eyes drifting to see the way both Eunwoo and Yugyeomie are engrossed in Hae, cooing and trying to outdo each other in their fight to make her laugh or hold her attention. They're holding their arms out, fingers clutched by her fisted hands as she takes wobbling, staggering steps, closing the smallest gap with a series of cheers as she takes a few steps and happily falls into their laps.

(Y/N)'s face is radiant as she looks at me, tilting her head to peck the tip of my nose.

"Yup. Although Ryan oppa is a bit huffy that he and unnie don't get half as much time as they should with their granddaughter. It made it so much harder to wheedle cake out of him." she says with a smile, fangs poking her bottom lip.

I hum, eyes snagging to the sight of her lips.

"Our baby girl is in high demand...just how many people can she please with those cute cherub cheeks? There's only so much love and fuss she can take from every single angle before it all wears her out." I laugh, heart bursting and fond.

Because of course everyone was heads over heel for our baby girl. Because of course several covens were smitten. She was our gift from our baby mate, she was our babiest baby. She was a mini baby mate. She was everything and more.

"But it leaves me at a disadvantage. Especially when I'm trying to get cake during my breaks." (Y/N) says with a petulant pout, eyes flickering red and sighing as she looked down at her stomach.

"Guess he just doesn't want me to eat cake. He's too polite to say it'll stick to me, silly pudgy hips." she says, wriggling and then realising as she meets my eyes.