Chapter 74- inner tempest

GYEOM POV:

It seems like an eternity has passed since I last saw (Y/N) and despite the fact that we were all constantly updated on her by the Bangtan coven, and herself too- through texts and we had been on the phone a few times and she had left me a few voice messages too; it still felt like time had stretched out endlessly between us, making us seem infinitely far and separated, bond making me feel anxious and fretful. We had spent longer apart but my mind wasn't at ease, not when I knew how injured and hurting and vulnerable she was when we'd left her at the nest.

And so I can't help but fidget restlessly, caged between Youngjae hyung and Mark hyung who despite their reassurances and gentle soothing touches aren't able to distil the tension in the air, nor does it bleed out of their own postures either.

JB hyung is pacing, Jinyoung hyung is trying to calm him down whilst shooting constant glances to the door and Bambam has been pulled onto Jackson hyung's lap to make him less anxious and to put an end to the nervous fidgeting.

And then the doorbell rings.

And JB hyung hurries to the door, leaving the living room and opening it wide, voice a low murmur as he greets them and returns with two people in tow.

Yoongi hyung and (Y/N).

Yoongi hyung's eyes lose a bit of the redness, calming down considerably as he enters our nest; identifying it as another of (Y/N)'s homes and when he looks down to see relief and an expression of calm spreading across her face, he knows it's the right call.

Not to mention he'll be back at night to pick her up, that's what he murmurs to her as he holds her close in an embrace and leans down to press a kiss to her forehead, lips lingering and eyes darting back to her as he greets us all and then minutes later leaves, a gentle squeeze of reassurance to her shoulder as he leaves.

And though her eyes follow him as he leaves, tracking the movements with longing as though her soul tugs her back she turns to the rest of us when the door closes, looking at us with a mixture of relief, happiness, sorrow, and anxiousness.

No words are said as she makes a beeline for me, nestling into my arms and burrowing insistently into me, the manner and habit the same, her body relaxing and she lets out a little sigh when the bond settles with our reunion- nerves abated because she's here. The others turn by turn draw her into gentle fond embraces, the same as always, as they hold her close, except this time hands linger to draw her close for just a few moments longer, eyes turn red trying to assess how she's feeling and loose stiffness in them. As though they too needed the reassurance, their instincts unsettled until she stepped in.

"How are you feeling? Injuries bothering you?" Jinyoung hyung asks, voice caring and gentle and fretting as always when it comes to (Y/N), whenever it came to her Jinyoung hyung always had a soft nurturing spot for her- we all did. But it could be the slightest thing like a tiny scratch or graze and his instincts would be flaring up to usher her to sit down, tonics at hand and always ready and willing to soothe away the hurts with his comforting hugs and kisses.

She shakes her head slowly.

"No...I think Hobi and MJ hyung have taken more than enough care over that." She says warmly but when she sees Jinyoung hyung's unconvinced look she reaches out for him, hand immediately taken by him and she tugs him over.

"I'm fine...though if it's not an issue could you give me some sleeping tonics? The others are fine with it too." She rushes to say.

Hyung nods, murmuring about getting them now before anyone forgets, gone in a whirl of soft cotton clothes.

I notice the slight fidget of her fingers trembling, barely noticeable and immediately she starts fiddling with the sleeves of her shirt, hiding them but I've seen them.