Chapter 68- everything has changed

YOONGI POV:

It's nearing late evening when suddenly there's a shift. (Y/N) suddenly jerks and shudders in Jin hyung's arms, twisting with discomfort, more sounds of distress and pain bubbling out quietly, face pinched with pain and hyung's arms retreat to stop her from getting hurt, from accidentally using force to restrain her from aggravating her injuries. The whole room freezes and then all of a sudden she arches off hyung, body a taut bowstring and then her eyes fly open. Her head lowers slightly and her eyes catch onto mine, I feel shock which rapidly fades into concern and disbelief- not daring to believe that she's awake, that she's looking at me. Her eyes are still her original shade, deep and inviting and then I feel fear kick in when her eyes overfill with tears, tears that trickle-down pale cheeks in quick constant succession. She's crying.

She's in pain. Hurting. And the sight of them kickstart and force my instincts into gear, propelling me forward with a cry of alarm, the others jolting and moving out of their seats around the room to get to her.

She's shaking and shuddering, body trembling with her tears as she cries, eyes wide and body otherwise frozen, drawing in large shuddery gasps, head bowed as she ducks her face out of sight. Jin hyung's arms gently encase her in an embrace, holding her tenderly and carefully to him, murmuring into her bent head. Our mates stumble forward, lean towards her- trying to gain that comfort and letting themselves be soothed by the knowledge that she's awake even as hands flutter to try and gently draw her eyes to theirs.

Kookie's bolted upright from where he'd been curled next to her, slow tears trickling down his cheeks as he shakes and moves forward- throat clogged with emotion, because he doesn't utter a single sound only moves towards her, hand resting on her leg, eyes fluttering with relief that she's awake, she's awake.

And Yugyeom sags into the mattress, body loosing all the effort to remain upright, hand slipping free as he looks at her with wet red eyes.

The others don't crowd her, give her the space she needs, and perhaps us to and at the back of my mind I feel thankful for them for that, even as I remain focused on her, not daring to take a step forward, feeling as if I've lost the right to.

But then she shakes violently, head darting up as her eyes meet mine again and she jerks forward, body shifting quickly off Jin hyung's in her sudden haste as she moves towards me. But then as she moves, despite all the hands hovering protectively over her, the movement makes her cry out in pain, curling over her stomach and I rush to stabilise her, to stop her from falling inwards.

Her hands don't go to clutch at her stomach but desperately fist themselves onto the shoulders of my shirt, pushing herself close to me, burrowing herself in closer and tighter against me even as she winces. My hands hold her close towards me, even as my mind shrivels with guilt at how content I feel with her next to me.

Her lips are moving quickly against the fabric of my shirt, indecipherable sounds and murmurs and I feel the wetness of her tears against my skin.

And then the sounds become decipherable, full words.

"You're fine?" she's asking over and over again and when she looks at me desperately, frantically I see the beginning of red bleed into her irises. Panic kicking her new instincts into emerging.

I nod.

"I'm fine." I reassure her even though I don't know what's happened, what's triggered her fear.

She calms down, loosening her grip as she nestles herself further into my arms.

But the panicking feeling hasn't faded from her end of the bond- in fact, it still saturates and floods the bond in overwhelming waves, thick and powerful.