Chapter 43- hearts shatter

JIN POV:

I try to slide out of bed, to allow them the space and time to talk to each other- to let out whatever weighs down on their burdened hearts and to allow them to decide where they want to go from here. But at my first sign of shifting, (Y/N)'s grip on me tightens immediately- hands fisting into the fabric of my top and then she begins to loosen the grip, breathing heavily, fingers stiff.

It had been an instinctual response for her- she'd held on because I was safe for her; and whilst the thought warmed me, knowing that it had been in response to being left alone with Yoongi made me sad and worry over whether now was the ideal time.

After all that planning, contemplating and observing for the right moment to give Yoongi that nudge it had turned out to be futile, plans disintegrating into dust because it seemed like fate had given him that push in the form of the art curators- which incidentally hovered around my mind as I tried to figure out how they knew (Y/N) and how they'd become important figures in her life.

I was sure that the others had still managed to keep Ryan ssi and Deok-mi ssi downstairs- I sincerely hoped that they had. I really wanted to talk to them. And for once not Amparo but (Y/N). 

(Y/N) looks up at me imploringly, uncertainty floating in her eyes. I lean forward to press a kiss to her forehead, then on her cheeks and finally on the tip of her nose. Taking my time to press my lips to her skin and let them linger there- to feel the warmth of her and allow it to soak in, to allow those kisses to soothe her worries and ease her heartbeat slightly. Everytime my lips meet her skin it sets off trails of sparks to shoot across them- lips tingling when I lean back and see her soothed state.

"You'll be fine, I can feel it." I reassure her and this time her fingers allow the fabric to slip away from her grasp and she looks at me step away. I tilt Yoongi's head towards mine, pressing a firm kiss to his mouth- a kiss that conveys how much I want this to work out, a plea for him to make amends and most of all- a kiss that tells him that I'll always love him.

"Don't clam up Yoongi. Open your heart and you'll be fine." I whisper to him and when he nods, I leave the room feeling anxious but no longer burdened with fears and doubts.

And I leave the two of them behind.

KOOK POV:

I look at Ryan ssi and Deok-mi ssi with curiosity and intrigue. When I had seen them sandwiching (Y/N) my first instinct had been protect. Then rationality had crept in and I'd noticed that the two were sporting smiles not frowns- and the way they'd held her had been tenderly as if she was someone precious and cherished to them. Their eyes were red with satisfaction of having a loved one near not red with the presence of an enemy. 

But the hyungs are sporting different looks all ranging on the emotional spectrum from feigned indifference, confusion, suspicion, anger and thinly veiled jealousy. But Deok-mi ssi and Ryan ssi sit at ease next to each other, purposely oblivious to the looks being shot at them- content to sit with their hands enwrapped and pressed against each other's side.

The room is starkly void of three people. Three mates. Yoongi hyung, Jin hyung and (Y/N). When (Y/N) had suddenly fallen to the ground, everyone had rushed forward- my heart had been in my mouth as I hunched in front of her unmoving figure, hand going immediately to feel her pulse at her wrist- shuddering in relief at the strong constant heartbeat that greeted me. But then Hobi hyung had explained with slightly apologetic eyes that he'd been healing her but our currently keyed up instincts had led to it having a stronger impact than expected. Her body had shutdown to rest but that didn't stop the fretting- and no-one stopped Jin hyung from scooping her up to take her to rest in comfort and we could all only watch with growing hope and trepidation as Yoongi hyung stumbled after the two- pupils dilated, pushing the red to only be a circle around them- looking like his world had been snatched away from him.