Chapter 120- new worlds form

(Y/N) POV:

The weeks building up to the end of the semester marks a period of adjustment. Adjustment to the way the entire coven seems to take a mental, internal shift- their eyes remaining red for longer periods of times, fangs making more appearances in those three weeks than they had in my entire time knowing them, the scrape of them a shivering tantalising reminder of what was to come, and the way at least one of them was constantly flitting by my side, always keeping me in their line of vision.

And how within those weeks, it had been a constant hive of activity- constant questioning about colours and preferences and tastes. Until Yoongi oppa had snapped over the phone to his soft-spoken parents, exploding on them. Telling them he didn't know what sort of decoration matched their coven dynamic- exasperatedly giving up on the idea.

I remember plucking the phone from him and apologising, knowing just how much the older mates were carrying the burden so the rest of us could go about without minimal interruption to our lives. Looks like that fuse had burnt itself out.

And it had taken Hobi oppa to physically straddle him and feed from him, a slow- purposely drawn out process, and a settling nip from Jinnie oppa to have him all pliant and content to curl up in Joonie oppa's lap, pressing him into the couch and pressing lazy kisses to his throat- the mental burden lifted off his shoulders because in that moment Jinnie oppa had realised how much it was weighing on the coven atmosphere. So the past few days had passed without constant mention of details that needed to be ironed out, instead it was just discussed when we were all free and done for the day.

Within those three weeks, I had told Deok-mi unnie and Ryan oppa that the coven had wanted to meet them, wanted to receive an official blessing from my parental figures.

The bright squeal and exuberant laughter from Deok-mi unnie as she'd whisked me around their house, spontaneously holding me 'hostage' from returning back to the nest, keeping me up all night as she and Ryan oppa discussed what they wanted to do, worming out details from me.

I remember just how nervous they'd all been, even Jinnie oppa's charismatic confidence vanishing as he'd fumbled with his hands, bowing deeply to them as he'd led the coven in- managing a small smile once he spotted me peeking from behind Ryan oppa's back- waving at them.

It'd felt slightly nerve-wracking, having my past and my future sitting together in the present, as the figures they were for me in the now. And remembering how painstakingly careful and tentative they seemed. And I realised that all the time they'd known each other strictly professionally. That they'd always met and interacted as buyers and sellers for my work, or as visitors to the exhibitions they'd curated.

"You'd been funding your mate's dreams and talents this entire time. Learning her biggest fans were her mates made it easy to accept you." Deok-mi unnie says, silently gushing, as she tries to ease them into being comfortable, noting their stiff backs not relaxing against the soft cushions.

"Listen boys...we don't bite. You gave our chickie a reason to always smile. You made her again, and I can never stop being grateful for that." Ryan oppa says, eyes flashing red with pain as he remembers squeezing my leg almost as if to reassure himself and remind himself I'm there.

Their faces flash with pain for a few moments too before it melts, giving way to tentative hope at the acceptance their words have.

"And if you boys stop acting like we're going to attack any second and relax...then I'll show you her photos growing up" Deok-mi unnie bargains, lips stretching into a smile and laughing when almost immediately they sag into the couches, trying to melt and show comfort- heads nodding eagerly.