Chapter 93- unanswered questions

HOBI POV:

"Space for one mate in dire need of cuddles?" I ask as I enter, spotting (Y/N) curled up next to Joon, who's looking at her far more fondly than focusing on the book in his hand and he notes the way she keeps shifting, trying to get more comfortable until he lets out a fond sigh, shifting her onto his lap- legs sprawled out on top of his. She smiles, settling far easily- back pressed against the couch and head resting on his chest, eyes glued on the book she's looking at.

"Of course Hobi." Joon replies, because despite (Y/N)'s smile- it seemed it had been unconscious because her face is intently focused, eyes not straying off the pages. But she does turn to shoot me a smile when I join them on the couch, where the two had snuck away to the large library. It seemed likely that perhaps she'd be found here just as often as Joon.

I sit on the other end, lightly trailing my fingers over (Y/N)'s ankle, watching as she squirms and huffs, trying to escape my fingers, solving it by interlocking her leg with Joon's- hiding her foot from sight.

"What you reading my loves?" I ask, leaning forward, hand trailing over Joon's leg- giving his knee a slight squeeze before focusing on the two of them.

"Poems." Joonie replies, the answer simple and yet meaning enough.

I nudge (Y/N), tapping her leg to get her attention.

"Research. And reading up on vampire behaviour. Joonie oppa found me the book." She says distractedly, dragging her eyes away to meet mine momentarily.

"Ahh research, what subject?" I ask, trying to ignore the need to curl up close to them, to kiss away the frown she has when she reads something.

"History. I'm working with Minnie but he ended up distracting me." she says.

Oh?

"Distracting how?" I ask, Joon's eyes sliding away from his book to gaze at her.

She doesn't give a verbal response, just arches her neck and tugs the fabric of the jumper down to expose the fresh marks on her skin- two of them. Vivid and starkly contrasting with the unblemished clear skin.

I can see why they'd be distracted.

Though it's clear that's not what she's expecting to hear, eyes looking expectantly at me.

"How mean. Just for you I won't give them kisses tonight." I say seriously, grinning when she shakes her head.

"Don't do that, ignoring them will get you in a similar position." She warns, lips twitching.

Yet the idea of having two of my mates attacking me with kisses, trying to distract me from whatever task I have at hand sounds mighty appealing instead. But right now my sights are on the two in front of me.

I sprawl onto Joon too, carefully shifting so I can lie on the other side and face (Y/N).

"I said I was in dire need of cuddles." I say, pecking his neck when he shoots me a confused look, the expression melting into one of softness.

"I think for that we need to get a bigger couch. Or move to one." he suggests.

And (Y/N) rises to get up and move to one, but clutches at Joon's shoulder when the couch shifts, elongating and becoming wider to easily fit the three of us, lying down next to each other, I squeeze myself into the vacant space behind (Y/N), manoeuvring so the three of us are curled next to each other, her head and torso resting on me and her legs pulled onto Joon- his hands giving her calf a brief squeeze so she's lying on top of both of us, sprawled contently.

And I'm perfectly happy to undo her braid, fingers gently carding through her hair and running through her wavy tresses, massaging at her scalp and failing to hide the satisfied smile when she shifts her head closer, subtly moving into the touch- reading her book with an adorable look of focus.