Chapter 69- made anew

JIMIN POV:

(Y/N) sinks to the ground and had it not been for Yoongi hyung holding her, I don't know whether any of us would've been quick enough to get to her- whether our speed would've pushed through the thick fog of hurt that's descended.

I rush forwards toward her, sink to the floor and reach out with shaking hands for our aching, suffering mate- seeing the tears pour down rapidly, eyes blank and vacant and body wracked with tremors.

There's nothing I can say that can assure her in this moment, no words will be sufficient to describe the sheer agonising loss of your own life, the sight of her losing grasp of her surroundings, her eyes slightly glazed and flashing red sporadically are indication enough- her vampire instincts are trying to kick in and her heart and mind and soul aren't ready to accept it; she's torn between holding onto whatever she can and her newer system trying to settle properly.

Seeing her like this reminds me painfully of when Kookie was turned, his adaptation to becoming a vampire, to accepting he was a vampire had been a painful stretch of months- of hiding away, of isolating and of hurting alone; I didn't want to imagine the devastation that would descend on us all if she tried to cope that way too. She needed to be helped and guided through the process- she was at her most vulnerable at this moment, more vulnerable than she had ever been as a human.

She's incoherently mumbling sounds, shaking as she weakly struggles in Yoongi hyung's arms, hands lacking the will to push away the comfort he's giving even as tears course down his own cheeks silently. She's drawing in lungfuls of air- forcing breaths in, shuddering and gasping, hand going to clutch at her chest when all of a sudden she freezes. And in that moment I see it truly hit her.

She curls over herself, both hands splayed onto her chest- desperately searching to find a heartbeat that isn't there anymore, trying to find the regular thudding sound which was the assurance of her being human.

"Empty...so empty." She sobs, fingers scrabbling for purchase, roving frantically.

I feel the bond weigh down with sorrow, the others crowding around and gently placing themselves near her- allowing her to feel comfort with their silent presences but I can feel Kookie and Tae shake as they plaster themselves to me, hurting with her, for her.

And my heart aches for the emptiness she feels, the sudden loss of a functioning heart and can't hold back from going forward to hold her, blinking back watering eyes when she doesn't fight me off or struggle to get away but just slumps defeatedly in my arms, curling in as she cries.

Her cries are hitched breaths and tiny breathless sobs, each small sound tearing me apart bit by bit as she allows herself to be held, allows the others to gather in to murmur reassurances when in reality we all know the words fall short.

I know everyone's thinking what I am.

How do we help her through this?

And I hold her close even as her feelings of being lost, vulnerable and hurt wrap around my heart like a vice- feeling it in the same intensity she experiences it in.

JOON POV:

Suddenly (Y/N) slumps forward, bonelessly into Jimin's chest and his arms fractionally tighten in alarm, Hobi moves forward to check on her- and I dither hopelessly in the back, trying to will my terrified soul to calm down, even as Jin hyung's arms suddenly tighten on my shoulder- startled and afraid just like the rest of us.

"She's exhausted and rundown. We need to get her back into bed, she'll have to feed when she wakes up." Hobi murmurs, cradling her face gently and looking at her with pained eyes. Jimin shifts as he slowly rises, cradling her limp form in his arms even as Yoongi hyung and Hobi hover on either side he walks out of the bathroom with her.