Chapter 4- a little help

(Y/N) POV:

The next day greets me with the loud chiming of messages from my phone and Gyeomie's loud withdrawn groan from next to me, as he shoves his head under a pillow and pulls mine out from under my head- rudely awakening me as he shoves on top of the one he's already under.

"Make it stop (Y/N). 's annoying." He whines childishly, head poking out from under the pillows to shoot me an offended look- but given that he's still half-asleep, it appears adorably rumpled and makes me lean over and pinch his cheek.

"Sorry Gyeomie." I whisper, pecking his forehead before sliding out of bed.

I grab a change of clothes before stepping into the shower, sluicing away the last dredges of sleep and as tempting as it is to stand under the warm spray, I have to step out eventually- to make it on time to my morning lessons.

I wrap a scarf around my neck, hiding the bottom half of my face in the thick warm fabric before stepping out into the cold morning.

But it turns out when I start walking to campus, I've still got some time and in my haste to leave, I had forgone breakfast- so I allow my feet to carry me to the café near campus site- stepping into the warmth and being immediately surrounded by the smell of freshly baked goods and the mingling scent of coffee and chocolate.

I step into line, waiting for the two people in front of me to be served as I dithered what it was that I was going to order. My eyes caught on the freshly baked cookies being placed behind the glass-display, stirring my need to snag one. Or maybe two.

When the cashier smiles at me, I smile back- ordering a hot chocolate and two chunky chocolate chip cookies to go, but then added some more snacks to take out- if my gut told me right, Eunwoo would like some too, god knows he always eyed my food and more than often ran away with them- leaving me behind and unable to catch him with his gifted bonus of speed as a vampire.

I turned with my hot chocolate warming one of my hands and a paper bag clutched in the other but before I could leave- my eyes catch onto the obvious disdain and hatred an early twenties year old figure is shooting a guy sitting in the corner going through the menu.

I can sense the altercation before it happens and just as I'm thinking that, the twenty-something year old man steps forward with a snarl twisting his face, and stalks over to where the guy is sitting.

"You're one of those freaks, aren't you?" he spits venomously, loud yell drawing the attention of the two people behind the counter. The café is empty save for the five of us and I can feel the tension rising and rising, threatening to crest and break like a torrid wave of venom.

The guy seems startled, large brown eyes widening slightly before they flash with a quick tinge of red, fading back into his normal colour. I see his back press against the chair he's sitting on, see his fists bunch up as he looks up- face blank.

His body becomes poised- unconsciously shifting into a state of fight or flight. But he doesn't say anything- and honestly, I can't decide if I can applaud him for remaining impassive, not when it angers the man.

His face twists to our direction and he storms forward- brushing past me as he makes his way to the counter.

"Why aren't you getting rid of him?" he says vehemently pointing to the guy.

The staff look slightly nervous but their voices remain calm.

"I'm sorry sir but we welcome both vampires and humans in our cafes. We don't condone discrimination." The young man speaks up, voice cool as he looks the enraged customer in the eye.

But the effect is akin to showing the colour red to a bull.

He bristles, eyes darkening with anger.