Chapter 122- let the wait begin

JOON POV:

Our eyes are carefully and observantly taking in the surroundings, taking in the details we'd spent hours pouring over, at the bar that takes up one large corner of the spacious hall, at the lighting, the décor, the colours...everything.

Everything has to be perfect; everything has to be absolutely fixed and kept and ready.

It's Jin hyung and Hobi who rush us to the venue two hours before the ceremony starts, even though our parents have already gotten everything set into place and come bustling forward- already dressed and ready, welcoming smiles on their faces as they bustle around us, fixing and straightened already perfectly set suits.

"Eomma stop. Please." Jin hyung says, brushing Eomma number one's flitting hands off his immaculate suit, snug and perfect in the way it hugs his broad shoulders and flatters his frame, outlining his torso with precise definition. He looks sinfully delicious. And he knows it, especially when his eyes flicker red when he meets my gaze over her shoulder and his lips twitch at my blatant staring.

"Eomma, everything is clearly managed. Now stop! You'll end up putting creases into it for real." He says, eyes sliding slowly away from me to scan the crowd of family.

"Hyung isn't here is he?" he asks, voice tight and brooking no argument, clearly showing with his stiff posture alone that he won't have him ruining something so precious for our mate.

She shakes her head.

"We're all sorry we didn't step in sooner. But no...he won't be here. I won't have him ruin something so important, so precious for my youngest darling. Speaking of which...when is she coming?" she asks, seeming to exude joy in the form of radiance, face lit up and almost vibrating with excitement.

It makes me stifle a laugh.

Because she's this excited. But has no idea how much want and longing thrums through us, every part of me feeling restless, as if there's an ache deeply rooted in my soul, winding around me and tugging.

A dull pain that consciously reminds us that our mate isn't here, that she's not here, not in close proximity and that our bond isn't settled, because it's not fully complete- instincts fidgeting with the need to find her, to keep her close- even if my rational mind is able to accept that she'll be here in a bit.

And despite how long and never-ending the two hours seem they'll be, it somehow flies by and we all find ourself immersed in some mindless task or the other. Kookie and Minnie meticulously straightening the centre table- arguing in hushed whispers about who sits where, fiddling with the floral centrepiece. Yoongi hyung is talking to the caterers, eyes narrowed as he scans the menu list in his hand- no doubt checking meticulously to see if anything is out of place. Hobi has already made himself comfortable behind the corner where the DJ will play music- handing over a list of songs that we'd all voiced we'd like to dance to with our mate. Our first dances with her. One of the courtship rituals that marked the transitionary period into something new. And it made thrill rush through me at the thought. Jin hyung is trying to separate himself from a clingy Tae who even from this distance I can hear him complain about (Y/N) not being here- how the separation was too much and he'd shift is she didn't appear.

I smile at the two, turning when I feel a hand rest on my shoulder, turning me around to come face to face with my father, who smiles, dimples appearing when he takes in the sight of me.

"You look dashing Namjoon-ah, I know for a fact you'll sweep her off her feet. One way or the other." He jokes, laughing at my panicked face, at the teasing comment at my hereditary clumsiness. 

I sure hoped that the only reason she was swept off her feet was because I wanted to impress her, not because I wanted to knock her over. And my cheeks warm at the thought, at the possibility.