Chapter 131- restless energy and errant mates

(Y/N) POV:

"Tae baby, where's Seokie, I haven't seen him around all day." I ask, fingers pausing their ministrations of brushing carefully through his hair, his sleepy languid sprawl over me, a comforting grounding weight wriggles with a muffled whine, the feeling of it reverberating against my neck where he'd curled his head into.

He presses a kiss to my neck, lips lingering before he raises himself off me, having clambered on in the first place because of my constant fidgeting as I'd moved around the nest, unable to sit still long enough to relax.

He peers at me, the small distance between us seeming like an aching void, a large stretch I want to close the gap of.

My hands wrap around his waist, tightening to keep him there, because I don't want the comforting solid weight of him to leave, because I didn't want my mate moving away.

"I'm not going anywhere jagi." Tae soothes, pressing a soft kiss to my lips, finger gently rubbing at the furrow in my brow, easing it away.

"Hobi hyung got called away for a shift at the hospital. You know having a healer can turn tides when there's been a pile-up situation." He says softly, clearly trying to ease my mind, to set me at peace that he's away at a recognisable safe place.

But my blood runs cold, a shiver wracking my body.

A pile-up. Deaths and horrific injuries. Blood. Lots and lots of it.

And my mate was there. Surrounded by blood and pain and death clinging and hovering over each patient, each door, each bed.

"Jagi he's fine, he called to say he'll be back in a couple of hours, and this was some time ago." He soothes, pressing soft kisses to my skin to reassure me, each press of his lips against me calming me, soothing me. No intent except for one; to comfort, to help settle the frazzled instincts I feel well up, pushing against my skin.

I shift uneasily under him, looking at him imploringly.

"Do you promise?" I ask.

He nods.

"Promise. And besides, not only will he be home soon, but you'd feel it, we all would if he wasn't." he says finger gently brushing over Joonie oppa's mating mark, a small gentle swipe that has tension draining out of me, body sinking into the couch.

And then the small distance there had been between us vanishes when he drops himself back over me, mindful for all that he suddenly does it, that he does so carefully- draping himself over me and nestling back into the crook of my neck.

"Are you feeling better baby mate?" he asks, soft brush of his breath against my throat.

I curl my head towards him, turning to face him- where he peers at me with dark soft eyes that flicker crimson with concern.

I don't bother hiding it, I know they can feel an echo of it at least through the bond.

And Tae has this awfully perceptive way of seeing right through me, able to detect a lie. And he always prodded to get it out of me, an array of methods at his disposal to fit what he assessed the situation to be.

"A bit more than yesterday." I confess, watching as his face scrunches with empathy, shifting close so our noses brush against each other. 

His body is a grounding weight, something that keeps me cocooned and comfortable, warmth because he'd recently fed; coming in search for cuddles and saw me fitfully hovering behind Jinnie oppa and Yoongi oppa, fingers brushing over creases in blankets, straightening covers and constantly returning to them to brush a hand over them, to lean in for a cuddle. And promptly dragged me away. That had been hours ago.