Chapter 56- the moments we create

(Y/N) POV:

Tae stops dramatically in front of a closed door, opening it with a wide flair of his arms and I giggle at the theatricality of his gestures but when I see the nervousness in his face; the slight worry that contradicts his gestures, I fall silent.

His frame blocks me from seeing what lies inside the room and I feel a pair of hands from behind cover my eyes, suddenly encasing them in darkness under Yoongi's cool large hands. Tae draws both my hands in his, holding me steady as well as becoming the guiding force and he brings me forward slowly, I don't stumble blindly after him but rather put my trust in him; feeling safe and secure despite the lack of sight.

He stops, and my feet follow suit.

"Ready?" he asks, deep voice slightly nervous.

I squeeze his hands that are still encasing mine. Whatever it is. I'm ready.

"Ready." I say.

And Yoongi's hands withdraw from over my eyes, I open my eyes and focus on Tae's face, I smile at him as he steps away and freeze when I see what's lying at the centre of the room.

My eyes take in buckets of paints, a multitude of shades and colours ranging from bright, vibrant hues to soft pastel shades, plastic sheets to cover the ground, equipment to design and create stencils...there's enough equipment here to indulge my artistic side beyond imagination.

"What's all this for?" I ask, still uncertain about why there's such an abundance of materials here, mind flashing to the additional pieces we'd picked up.

"For you. We wanted you to have your own space within the nest too. Somewhere that you can escape if you want to, make your own. If you don't like the room we can change it, but I figured you'd like a space with natural lighting, spacious and close to everyone..." Tae says, fiddling slightly with nerves.

But I lean forward to silence him, pressing my lips to his, pecking them several times.

"Thank you Tae. Thank you for everything." I say between pecks.

"I love it." I say, when I lean back. He's looking down at me with a dazed, crimson expression before his face breaks into a sunny boxy smile.

"I'm glad." Is all he says.

And it's afterwards that I note that the walls are all white and bare, blank canvases ready to be fulfilled and suddenly Yoongi's suggested dress code makes sense- clothes that I wouldn't mind getting messy and comfy so I could move with ease. But even so he shakes out paint-splattered overalls for us to slip on over our clothes and when both me and Tae are clad in matching overalls, nods approvingly.

"Have fun you two." He says, turning away with a fond smile.

"I'll visit later." He promises and then is gone, door closing behind him automatically. And there's only the two of us.

"You direct and I'll follow!" Tae chirps, gesturing to the materials. I shake my head slowly.

"Let's do it together. So it can be something made from the two of us. So your work can bring me comfort even if I'm alone." I say.

If possible, his face splits into an even happier expression and he doesn't waste any time to scoop me into a hug, happily just holding me and me happily being held.

"If it's upto me, you won't be alone. Not ever." He says, voice deep and reassuring, his chest reverberating with the warm promise. My arms wound around his torso.

"I'd like that. Very, very much." I whisper into the safety and privacy of his chest.

----

At first I'm confused about what to focus on but then Tae opens a tin of paint easily and dips his brush in, plastic sheets now covering the floor. The bright orange drips a bit onto the sheet, brush coated liberally in it.