•second choice (2)•

Summary: read •second choice• before reading this
Warnings: strong language

Summary: read •second choice• before reading this Warnings: strong language

JJ's POV

It's been weeks since y/n broke up with me. I don't blame her. I was absolutely horrible to her. I never paid attention to her, never spent enough time with her, or loved her the way she deserves. I guess it is true what they say, you don't know what you have until it's gone. Why did I even do that? Why the fuck did I choose Kiara over her? I'm truly an idiot.

I had been watching her from a far for weeks now. I realize that sounds creepy as fuck but I swear it's not as bad as it sounds. I know y/n reads to relax so I knew she would go to that thrift store across from Heyward's. So I stayed outside of Heywards smoking waiting for her to come back out. I just wanted to hold her and apologize. Her being in pain made me sick.

I knew she worked at this big ass book store on the Kooks' side. I made sure to watch her there too. If Rafe or Topper did something to her and I wasn't there to help her I wouldn't forgive myself. I need to talk to Kiara bout getting y/n back. I don't think I can live without her anymore.

I drove to Kiara's house and I knew she would be home alone because both her parents were working at The Wreck. "JJ what are you doing here?" I walked into her house and ran my hand through my hair. Y/n would usually scold me and tell it was a bad habit to start, "Look Kiara I need your help. Y/n broke up with me because I kept putting you first. She said she felt like some piece of trash I pushed to the side. I just-" I took a deep breath, "I just want her back." I told her with tears brimming my eyes.

Kiara walked up to me and cupped my face. It felt nice to have someone there again. To have someone care. I don't know what came over me but I leaned in and kissed her. Kiara started to pull at my hair and I started to kiss down her neck harshly. We were interrupted by someone ringing the door bell. When we pulled away I saw that I left a red mark on her neck. She went over to the door and opened it, I stood behind her with my hand on the small of her back. She opened the door and revealed the absolute love of my life.

"Y/n?" I asked. I saw it in her eyes. I just shattered my girl's heart even more.

Y/n POV

I woke up to yet another major headache. Crying yourself to sleep day after day is not as glamorous as it seems. I decided to go to The Wreck and talk to Kiara. I want to know how JJ is doing. I know he broke my heart and hurt me but I still cared. I always will. Such a blessing and a curse. Plus I have a couple of his things to give him so maybe I can just give them to Kiara to give to him.

When I got there her parents said she was home. So I decided I would still go and see her. I rang the door bell and waited for her to come to the door. When she opened the door I was not expected to see JJ.

"Y/n?" JJ asked. His hair was all messed up and his shirt was lifted slightly. He had what looked to be Kiara's lipstick on his face. I looked over to Kiara to see that she had a hickey on her neck and she was breathing heavy. Whatever was left of my feelings towards JJ was gone.

"Um I see I came at the wrong time. Sorry for interrupting, I'll uh just be going." I told them and awkwardly left. I mentally slapped myself. How could I be so stupid! Once I got in my car the passenger door opened. I looked over to see JJ getting in my car.

"JJ Maybank get the fuck out of my damn car before I throw you out." I told him in a calm manner. I saw JJ gulp out of the corner of my eye, "Look y/n I just wanna talk." I scoffed and looked away. I felt JJ move to hold my hand, "Don't. Please do not touch me after," I motioned to Kiara's house, "that." I finished. JJ looked down in shame.

"That was a mistake y/n. I went there to ask for help to get you back," I scrunched my face in confusion.
"Why would you go to the girl you chose over me to ask how to get me back?" I asked him. He just opened and closed his mouth trying to figure a way to explain.

"Look JJ I'm done. I'm done with the excuses and done with the apologies. Just get out. I just wanna go home. I never should've came anyway." I told him. JJ just nodded and got out of my car. Before I left I remembered that I had a bunch of his things in my car. I got out of the car and called his name. He seemed surprised but came over to me.

"I almost forgot." I told him while I reached into the back of my car. I grabbed the large box and took it out of the car. "Did you drive here in the Twinkie?" I asked. JJ nodded but his face fell when he saw the box, "What's that?" He asked hesitantly. I started to walk over to the Twinkie. I opened the back and dropped the box in.

"It's all of your stuff. It felt wrong having your clothes. Um I washed everything and folded everything for you. I-" JJ cut me off, "I don't want it." He stated. "What? JJ this is all your stuff I'm not going to keep it and I don't have the heart to give it away to a stranger JJ." I told him. I looked down at my watch and realized I was gonna be late to work, "Look JJ I gotta go to work but maybe I'll see you around." I told him. Before I could leave he grabbed  my arm, "Maybe?" He asked. I sighed and retracted my arm, "I really gotta go JJ." I left him there with a frown plastered on his face.

JJ's POV

Shit. What the fuck is wrong with me? I watched y/n drive away. I saw her wipe her eyes quickly. I turned back towards the box of all my things. I don't wanna look through it but I know I have to. I cant do it here though. I started the drive back to the chateau hoping John B was out.

Once I got into my claimed room with the big box I sat down on my bed. I started to take out all my shirts and sweatshirts she stole from me. I smiled and laughed lightly. I never knew she had all of these. This girl stole nearly all my clothes and my heart and I stole her heart just to break it. I'm such a fool.

I kept going through the box and I saw that there was another box at the bottom. I took it out and opened it. It was all our pictures and all the notes I gave her during school. She kept all of these? I choked on a sob reading the notes again. I smiled when I looked at some of the pictures. She looked so happy. We were so in love. I still am but after today I don't think I'll ever see her again. I was about to put the box down when something caught my eye. It was the silver 'J' necklace I got her. I remember how hard I worked for it and how excited she was when I gave it to her. She swore to never take it off and she didn't. I never saw her without it since I got it for her.

I held the necklace and cried for hours. My beautiful y/n I have really fucked up this time haven't I?

So I hoped everyone enjoyed part 2! Part 3?? Anyways please vote and comment! Also wtf almost 40k reads?! Thank you for all the support love y'all <3