•Bet (2)•

Summary: read •Bet• to understand
Warnings: very long (nearly 5,000 words)

Y/n POV  It's been a couple months on the main land with mom and I've been doing a lot better

Y/n POV
It's been a couple months on the main land with mom and I've been doing a lot better. I haven't talked to anyone (other than Kiara) from OBX since I left. Mom has finally decided that it's time for me to face my fears and move back in with my dad. Fantastic.

-Time skip-

As I was unpacking in my old room back in OBX, I see pictures on pictures of the Pogues and I. I still can't believe they did that to me. But it doesn't matter anymore because I changed completely from who I was when they made that stupid bet on me. I've put major guards up and don't trust easily. I hate that they changed who I was. I hate that I can't trust what anyone says because I don't know if it's actually true or not. I just hate them and what they did to me. Mom says to move past it but, how can I?

After organizing all my things I texted Kiara to meet her at The Wreck. I knew it was very likely I was gonna see The Pogues but I'm not gonna live by them anymore.

"Y/n!" I barely stepped in the building when Kiara attacked me in a hug. "I fucking missed you! I'm so happy you're back." She told me once we pulled apart. Kiara and I kept in close touch the whole time I was gone but I sure as hell missed her. She did keep me informed on the Pogues. Pope got his scholarship, John B got a girlfriend and is rebuilding his relationship with his dad, and I guess JJ's dad had gotten worse while I was away. JJ hit rock bottom and hasn't been sober for more then a day or two since I left. I know it's not my fault. He pulled this on himself.

Kiara and I talked for hours until someone called her. After the call ended she wore a frown on her face, "Kie what's wrong? Something happen?" She shook her head. "The boys called. They wanna hang on the HMS but you just got back and I don't wanna go." I felt horrible that Kiara was feeling guilty for continuing to hang with the Pogues. I don't control her. Sure I assumed she wouldn't for me but it's her life, "Kiara go. Don't feel bad. Plus I should be getting back to the old man at home anyways. I had a really great time!" I assured Kiara I wasn't upset and she finally left.

Kiara's POV

"Kie! Finally! We've been waiting for hours! Where've you been?" John b asked when I walked through his front door. I played with the rings on my fingers trying to find an excuse for why I was late. They can't know y/n is back in town. Especially not JJ.

"Um.. I was- I went to-" Pope picked up my nerves and was picking up on the fact that I was lying, "Why are you lying? Where were you Kie?" I let out a breath and looked at JJ passed out on the couch, "He's asleep right? He can't hear me?" Both boys nodded their heads, "Y/n is back. I was hanging with her at The Wreck. She got back earlier today." Both boys had wide eyes and mouths open. Pope took off his baseball hat and ran a hand over his hair. John b sat on the extra chair and put his head in his hands.

"My y/n is back?"

My head shot to JJ on the couch. Shit.

"Go back to sleep JJ." I tell him sternly like he was a child. Seems fair since that's how he's been acting.