•Secrets•

Summary: You and JJ had been dating for a couple of months when he and the pogues find out about the royal merchant he doesn't tell you

Summary: You and JJ had been dating for a couple of months when he and the pogues find out about the royal merchant he doesn't tell you. JJ wants to keep you out of the so called treasure hunt for your safety.
Warnings: arguing, light swearing

You were so done with everything. You were annoyed,frustrated,and very hurt as to why the hell your boyfriend, JJ Maybank was canceling and ignoring you for the past couple of weeks. In the middle of the school year you and JJ and started to date and you loved him with everything in you. You never believed in marriage or love after seeing your parents relationship but when you met him that all changed. He changed you. You liked to keep to yourself and were kinda quiet towards strangers but when you got with JJ he made you feel like yourself. He introduced you to the pogues and you love each one of them. You and Kie became best friends and you Pope became study buddies seeing as you both are very smart. You and John B became like brother and sister. So when they all just stopped talking to you and JJ started to cancel on dates or just not come at the beginning of the summer, you were really hurt. You didn't understand why he would do this to you. It has been going on for weeks. It started when you noticed JJ started to sneak around and stopped texting you. He would apologize then try to make it up to you with a date then he would cancel or stand you up. Then the rest of the pogues started to cancel on you too. You were fed up. So you just stopped trying. You stopped texting them and trying to hangout with them if they were only gonna cancel on you.

It's been a couple of days that you stopped texting the pogues. You even stopped texting and calling JJ. It hurt like hell but you had enough of their bullshit. You had been in bed for hours when your mom had asked you to get some groceries from Heyward's. You got ready and grabbed the list she gave you and left your house. You were really hoping the pogues weren't there. You walked into the store and luckily you didn't see any of the pogues. You did see Hayward though. You loved Heyward he was like a second father to you.
"Y/n! How are you sweetie?" He gave you a hug and a warm smile. You smiled back at him.
"I'm doing alright thanks. How's the sales since Aggie?" You were actually curious and hoped the hurricane didn't affect the Heyward's too bad since the family was held close to your heart.
"Oh we are doing just fine! How about your dad's shop?" Your dad owns the local surf shop on the cut.
"Oh we are just fine!" You told him. You heard the bell on the opening door ring but since you were in the middle of the conversation you didn't look to see who walked in.
"Don't break anything J or I swear!" You heard a familiar voice call out from the front of the store.
"Oh good lord. I'm sorry to cut this short but the idiots are here. I gotta go but I'll stop by the surf shop some time! Bye sweetheart!" He walked away and waved. When he walked away you looked where he walked to and you saw the pogues laughing and hanging out. You felt a pain in your heart at the sight. They canceled on you to hangout without you. You scoffed and turned around on your heels. You did not want to talk to JJ. You two were still dating at least you think. You hope. You didn't want to lose him but you did want an explanation. You stated to get the items on the list when you heard name.
"Y/n! Hey where you been!" You heard John B call. You heard the rest of the pogues get quiet. You turned around and smiled. Jb walked up to you and hugged you. The rest of the pogues had a look of guilt on their face when they saw you. They looked away and kept on with their conversation.
"Hey John B." You smiled. His smile faded when he heard the name you called him. One of your favorite things was nicknames. You gave a nickname to everyone you met. You called John B, Johnny boy or Jb. You called Kiera, Kie or Kiwi. You called Pope, P or Pope-sickle. You had lists of nicknames for JJ. Once you had a nickname for someone you never called them their actually name.
"Where have been? I haven't heard from in awhile you okay?" He asked you with concern.
"Uh just uh home." You couldn't lie to John B. He was like your brother.
"Why haven't you texted me?" He asked in full seriousness.
"Like you care." The words flowed out of your mouth before you could stop them.
"What?" He asked in full confusion. He knew what you were talking about.
"Please just tell what the hell is going on! Is he cheating on me? Do you guys not want me around? Do you not like me anymore and you all hate me?" You pulled him aside so Pope and JJ didn't hear you talk to him.
"What? No! JJ loves you and is completely loyal to you! We don't hate you! It's just- it's not my secret to tell y/n." He looked at you but he couldn't for long. He saw the hurt in your eyes and looked away in guilt.
"Bullshit." You told him.
"Hey baby!" JJ came up behind John B and looked at you. You and John B were staring at each other. You looked over to JJ to see him looking nervous.
"I uh I haven't heard from you-"
"Can I talk to you?" You interrupted him. He looked even more nervous now.
"Y-yeah." He shallowed the lump in his throat and walked outside with you.
"What's up?" The both of you walked behind the building.
"Where have you been? You missed 20+ dates with me." You crossed your arms over chest.
"Out. Also there is no way I missed that many-"
"Would you like me to list them?" You asked him.
"No thanks." He looked down and sighed.
"Look if you found some one else or something just tell me because I can't keep doing this." You motioned to the both of you.
"Are you breaking up with me?" He looked at you with sad eyes.
"That is the absolute last thing I want to do but I am done with you standing me up and canceling plans with me. It's like you forgot about me when summer started. I love you with all my heart and then some but I just don't feel like I deserve this." You admitted. You had tears streaming down your face. JJ cupped your face and wiped the tears coming down your face. He too was crying.
"Please give me another chance. I'll make it up to you! Please just don't do this." JJ begged you. He had tears streaming down his face.
"I'm gonna give up second chance but please don't use me again. I'm gonna trust you. Do not mess it up." You wiped his tears and have a half smile.
"Thankyouthankyouthankyou!" He hugged you tightly and kissed your head.
"Okay how about this, you and me tonight." He tucked a piece of hair behind your ear and smiled.
"Are you gonna be there?" You asked. You did not want to get stood up again. Especially not after gave him another chance.
"I promise." He held out is pinky for a pinky promise. He knew how much you loved pinky promises. It was childish but you took them very seriously.
"Okay. Fine." You sighed.
"Yes! I'll pick you up at 6:00." He had a huge smile on his face.
"Okay I'll see you later I gotta go help my dad out." You kissed his cheek and grabbed your bags and got into your car. You didn't want to get your hopes up but how could you not? It's JJ.

6:00

You got ready for the date. You put on a super cute outfit and curled your hair. You put little makeup since you didn't really know how to do anything more then your eyelashes. You waited in your room until JJ came to pick you up. You waited about 4 hours until you gave up. He didn't call or text. Nothing. You were furious. You took off all your makeup and put your hair up. You got some comfy clothes on and put 'The Notebook' on your T.V. You fell asleep halfway through the movie when you were woken up to someone lightly shaking your shoulder. Once you realized someone else was in your room you jumped up to hit the person in your room.
"Baby! Y/n baby it's me!" A familiar voice told you and saw their hands shield their face.
"Jesus JJ!"
"What the fuck is wrong with you!" You exclaimed and turned the light on.
"I came to see you." He started to walk up to you but you backed away.
"What's wrong?" He asked you.
"Dont okay dumb with me JJ."
"JJ?" He asked.
"You never call me that." His voice cracked. He remembered when you explained how important nicknames were to you.
"Did I do som-"
"Your forgot?" You felt numb. How could he forget?
"What? It's not your birthday or our anniversary." He told you. JJ completely forgot what he promised you. The square groupers broke into John B's house and he was very shaken up.
"You promised." Your bottom lip trembled. As soon as you said that it clicked.
"Shit! Baby-"
"Don't call me that." You felt so broken.
"Look please just give me another chance!" He begged you once again.
"No! I gave you another chance and you blew it! I trusted you! You promised me." You yelled at him.
"I know. I know! Let me make it up to you please!" JJ started to cry as well. He truly loved you and wanted you. You were JJ first and only love.
"I've heard that before." You argued back.
"I'm done JJ. We are done." Your voice cracked and you were crying.
"No no no. Don't do this. We both know you don't want to do this." He was crying and started to walk towards you. JJ wasn't wrong. You did not want this.
"Then explain. Please prove me wrong!" You begged him. You walked to him and cupped his face.
"Let me be wrong please J. Just tell me why." You looked in his eyes. He shook his head.
"I-I can't. It's for your own good." He cupped your face.
"Then get out. Either you tell me what's going on or you leave single." You backed away and opened the door.
"Fine!" He sat on your bed. You stayed put and closed the door.
"The pogues and I found the reck in the marsh and we found Big John's compass and these guys with guns shot at us. Then today they broke into Jb's house and took his dad's stuff. We had to hide the chickens' coop. I didn't want you to know because I didn't want you to get hurt or get in trouble. I didn't mean to cancel that many times and I really love you. Okay I love you! And I am not losing you without a fight." JJ looked up to you. You were shocked. You didn't believe him at first but after anything, you trusted him.
"Oh my god. Are you okay! Someone shot at you?!" You walked up to him and started to look all over his body to see if he was hurt. You turned his head left and right to look at him. You lifted his shirt to look at his chest.
"Y/n I'm fine. It's not important."
"Not important? Someone shot at my man! Of course it's important." You looked at him. He smiled a little.
"Your man?"
"I believe you J. I know you wouldn't lie to me without good reason. I'm sorry I didn't trust you and-" you were cut off by JJ's lips connecting to yours. You kissed back immediately. He wrapped his hands around your waist and pulled you close. You wrapped your hands around his neck and played with the hair at the nape of his neck.
"This is on me. You had every reason to be upset with me. I'm sorry sweetheart. I'll make it up to you. For real this time." He chuckled a little and kissed your forehead.
"You better. I was pissed." You looked down at his lips.
"How can I ever make it up to you?" He asked playfully.
"Icecream always works for me." You pecked his lips and grabbed a hoodie. Then you grabbed his hand and your car keys.
"Alright!" You walked in front of him and he smacked your ass and ran to the car.
"JJ!" You squealed and jumped on his back.
"God I love you." He told you.
"Who wouldn't." You giggled.
The rest of the night was great. JJ talked more about the royal merchant and you listened. Your weren't made at him. The fact that he wanted to protect you made you feel all fuzzy inside. You fell asleep in JJ's arms and felt wanted and loved. You knew then and there he was the love of your life and nothing was ever going to change that.

Sorry this is so long!! I got carried away! Thank you for the support!! I love y'all 🤍