• Empty Promise •

Summary: JJ fails to uphold to his promise...again
Warnings: none

againWarnings: none

"Hey baby. Look don't be mad but-"

"I am going to kill you Maybank."

"I thought I said don't be mad."

"You got arrested Maybank! Again might I add."

"Baby you know I don't like it when you call me that." JJ whines through the phone.

"I'll be there in a few, just keep quiet and don't make this any worse."

"I love you y/n." I can hear the desperation in his voice. I'm too upset to say it back, so I hang up.

__________________________________

JJ POV

Shit. She didn't say it back. That means she's pissed. Plus she wouldn't say my name. I'm fucked. Maybe I shouldn't have picked a fight with Rafe and his minions but I couldn't listen to them shit on my Pogues.

When I round the corner to the front of the station, I see my y/n standing there. And she is absolutely livid.

"Y/n, I-"

"Get in the damn car."

I feel like a child being scolded. I do as told anyways. I don't wanna upset her more then I already have.

It's been a good ten minutes by the time Y/n gets in the car. We don't speak the entire car ride. Every time I look over to her, she just looks ahead. She looks tired and immediately I feel like shit.

When we pull up to her house, y/n doesn't waste a second getting out of the car and slamming the door.

__________________________________

Y/N POV

Once I get into the house, I put my purse and jacket down on the counter. I take a deep breath and try to calm down. Seconds later I can feel arms wrap my middle. I try to push him off but I'm too tired. I can feel JJ start to kiss my shoulder and lower neck. I begin to shake my head trying to get JJ off.

"Baby I'm sorry." He mumbles in my ear. Desperate and remorseful.

"You promised me. You promised you'd do better." I can feel JJ physically deflate at breaking his promise to me.

"I know I know. I'm sorry y/n. I swear this time-"

"This time will be different? Cut the bullshit. Stop saying empty promises JJ. I'm sick of the constant disappointment of believing in you. Every time I believe you when you promise to do better, to stop drinking, stop smoking, stop fighting." By the time I'm done, JJ is looking down at his feet instead of at me. I shake my head regretting saying how I feel. I knew it would hurt him. I never meant to hurt him but I can't sit around and stay quiet about my frustration.