•Goodbye•

Summary: JJ leaves without saying "goodbye"
Warning: none

Summary: JJ leaves without saying "goodbye"Warning: none

Y/n POV

It's almost been a year since JJ left. Gone. Nothing. No word or good bye. He just disappeared.

JJ and I had been in a complicated relationship. It was never truly clear what we were but it was clear to us and everyone around that we loved each other. We just couldn't grow the guts to say it to each other. Now, I don't think I'll ever know for sure.

I think Pope has taken it the hardest. I haven't seen much of him since. He helps around his dad's shop and around school but he's only a shell of who he was before.

John b hasn't been sober enough to leave the house. I think he feels that he needs to add JJ's drinking onto his own since he's gone. Sarah has stopped trying to get him out of his hole, it's hard to try and save someone who doesn't wanna be saved.

Kiara and I have clung onto each other during this last year. She has been trying to keep positive and continue to move forward. Yet, I can see the sadness in her eyes. She misses the carelessness of the blondie that brought so many adventures.

I feel I've been a rock for all the Pogues. I know they try to be there for me as well, but they are also struggling to accept that JJ had left with no god bye or warning.

I just hope he's safe and happy.

__________________________________

JJ POV

I haven't been back here since I left. I didn't think I would ever come back. I left abruptly and selfishly. I couldn't take my father anymore. I left after a specifically bad beating. I barely got out of the house alive with only the clothes on my back and a couple 20s. I didn't think about anyone else but myself in that moment.

I have been living in the Bahamas. I was able to find a nice enough family to let me crash. It was fascinating to see the different way of life there. I couldn't help but see the Pogues fitting right in. Especially my y/n. I could always see her playing with the neighbor kids. I missed her like crazy. I missed everyone. So after about a year, I decided it was finally time for me to come back. To at least explain.

__________________________________

I decided the first place I would go to was Heyward's. I walk into the familiar shop and see both the Heyward men working. I walk up to the cash register where Pope is working.

"Got any beer?" I ask shakily. I don't know how he'll react.

Pope looks up quickly and emotions fly through his face. Confusion, relief, anger, and lastly concern.

"JJ?"

"Hey Pope. How you been?" Pope all but lunges over the counter and tackles me in a hug.

"Where the hell have you been, man? I thought you were dead." I hold onto him a little tighter after hearing his confession. Did everyone assume I was dead?