Unpleasantville - Crossroads

Her lips felt hot against her fingertips, contrasting with the cold wall against her back. The excitement bubbling in her stomach made a quiet giggle escape her "what I'm I doing..." the whispered question sounded loud in the silence.

"Argh" the grumbling coming from the bed broke Eve from her daze

Her brown eyes landed on Tyler's sleeping form "you're right, I shouldn't think too much" pushing herself from the wall Eve makes her way to the black blazer that was thrown at the feet of the bed. She quickly got Tyler's phone from the breast pocket and sent his mom a reassuring text, putting the crumbled up jacket in the back of her chair once she was done.

Her gaze landed, once again, on the man sleeping like a drunken starfish, on top of her pink duvet. A smile curdled her lips at the memory of the first night that he had been in her bedroom.

Flashback

Bare feet trailed lightly on the hardwood floor "ssshhh" Eve warned quietly when Tyler pushed the window open with a little more force than he should.

A sheepish smile crawl its way to his dimly lit face, hiding for a brief moment his strained expression "sorry" the apology come out in a low growl as his arms struggled to support his weight on the windowsill "just trying not to die"

That prompted Eve forward, offering him a hand and pushing him up with all the strength she could master "if my parents find you here you will die as well" she playfully reminded him, circling her arms around his neck, bring him as close to her as possible.

He brushes his nose against hers letting a giddy smile play on his lips "well, maybe they shouldn't have a trellis right outside the window"

Strong arms snake around Eve's waist and she giggles "oh yeah?!" her teasing was quickly quieted down by his warm lips connecting with hers in a gentle kiss "I guess they weren't expecting that a big bad wolf would come to get me" Eve teases, brushing her finger on the wolf pin on Tyler's bomber jacket.

With her eyes still close she could feel his breath brush her cheeks when he laughs "lucky us" his arms tighten around her, lifting her from the ground; their lips found each other again muffling her surprised gasp.

End Flashback

"Everything is so different now" the bitter sweet memory of her life just a few months ago was a sad reminder of everything that she had lost and, for the first time, she was stroked with the realization that the world around her had change so drastically that she almost felt detached from who she used to be.

In that moment , while grabbing a fluffy blanket from her closet, she wondered if that Eve from her memory, the one that was happy and certain of what she wanted for her future would reacted with the same excitement and curiosity to the supernatural world as the present Eve did. She shocked herself when she realized that the answer was no.

"Sleep well" Eve gently tucks Tyler under the warm blanket and turns to leave, as the door got closer nervousness starts to settle in at the idea of seeing Leo again "don't over think it Evangeline Gilbert" she quietly advised herself

Doing as little noise as possible to not disturb the ones that were already sleeping the anxious girl made her away downstairs. Stefan's becoming clearer as the living room drew closer "The grimoire that the vampire was talking about, was Emily's" he said

"And the location of the grimoire is in one of our ancestors journal?" Eve joins them, catching everyone's attention

Leo stands straighter upon her entrance, his eyes quickly finding hers "When the founding families burner her, they took her things" his gaze stay glued to Eve's brown eyes as he spoke, trying to find in them the answers for his unspoken doubts