71. Animosity

The moment I got to my dorm, I ripped out of my robes and shoved my way into sweatpants and a t-shirt. Opening the window, I shifted into my other form and flew out into the night. I was still angry by the time I clambered down the stairs to find Dad reading a book at the table. "Hey," he said, glancing up. Seeing my angry expression, he set aside his book, brows furrowed. "What's wrong?"

"Harry and the twins got themselves kicked off the team," I yelled. "Because they put so much stock in what bloody Draco Malfoy has to say. We had won the match! It was over!" Pacing back and forth, I ranted, "They have no control over their tempers! Fred didn't even do anything and he got knocked off the team as well because the only reason he didn't was that people were holding him back! I was knocked off my broom and they were too busy beating up Draco to notice!"

I let out a cry of irritation before collapsing on the chair next to Dad. "They're so stupid, all of them," I grumbled.

"Wait, you got knocked off your broom?" Dad interrupted. "Are you alright?"

"My head's pounding," I admitted. "And I'm really sore, but I'm fine."

"Shouldn't you be in the hospital wing?"

"I was so angry at the boys that I left," I admitted.

"Raven, you're staying the night," he insisted. "I don't want you making the flight back to Hogwarts. I'll write Dumbledore."

"Dad, I'll be fine," I insisted.

"Raven, you're staying here," he countered.

I stared at him for a second before the pounding of my head and the aching of my body finally hit me in full force and I said, "Fine."

I finally started heading back late afternoon the following day. The moment I came down the stairs, Fred jumped up from the couch and rushed over to me. I sighed wearily. "Val," he said. "Can we talk?"

"You have the time it takes you to walk me down to the hospital wing," I replied. He nodded and we walked out of the common room and began to go down the corridors.

"Look, I'm sorry," Fred sighed. "But he was insulting my parents, Val."

"And I get that," I said, stopping and facing him. He met my gaze as I said, "I get that you got angry, trust me. I would've been too, but Fred...violence is never the answer. Lashing out like that is never the answer." Fred sighed. "And no matter what he said, Draco is a child!"

"You keep saying that!" Fred retorted. "He's fifteen!"

"A child!" I snapped.

"You act like he's not responsible for what he does!"

"Of course he is!" I shouted. A few people in the halls were lingering, acting like they weren't listening in. "Of course he's responsible for his actions, but Fred, HE IS A CHILD! He doesn't have the maturity you're supposed to have! You should be better than this!"

"What? So I'm not good enough for you?" Fred yelled.

"No!" I shouted. Realizing the way that sound, I winced, correcting, "No, not- UGH, no. That's not what I meant. I didn't mean you're not good enough for me, I meant no, no you're not good enough for me. Merlin, what I'm trying to say is that you are good enough for me but this is one flaw I can't just keep ignoring!"

"Fine, then you don't have to!" he yelled. I froze, my eyes widening.

"Fred-" I said.

"Forget it," he said, turning and going the opposite way. I sighed, rubbing the bridge of my nose in frustration.