82. Summer Break

"Oh my gosh," I whispered, looking around Fred and George's shop for the first time. Spotting George, I called, "Hey, Weasley!"

"Val," he replied, giving me a hug. "Welcome to the shop."

"Thanks," I replied. "This is great."

"Thanks, Luv," Fred replied, wrapping an arm around my waist and kissing my temple.

"Hey, babe," I replied. "I like what you've done with the place."

George went off to take care of some customers and Fred faced me and asked, "You doing okay?"

I shrugged. "It's a day by day thing, but I'm going to be okay."

"I never doubted it," Fred replied.

"Fred, guess what? He wrote down all his stories for me," I said. "He wrote everything in a book."

"Have you been reading it?"

"Yeah." Letting out a laugh, I said, "Did you know that he and James once cursed the Quiddich balls before one of the Slytherin practices. The entire practice they were flying all around. The team spent five hours looking for the bludgers and the snitch."

"Did they get caught?" Fred asked.

"Yes," I said, beginning to help Fred restock one of the shelves. "Although they only got two detentions because the teachers were so impressed. They were only first years." Fred laughed. "Oh, also I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Okay, what's up?" Fred asked.

"I got a job offer," I explained. "At Hogwarts."

"Oh, doing what?"

"Madam Hooch is retiring," I explained. "But honestly...I think Dumbledore just wants me to watch over Harry."

Turning to face me, Fred asked, "So, are you going to take the job?"

"Well, I wanted to talk to you about it," I explained. "Do you think we could make long-distance work? I mean I can come and visit on weekends and on breaks."

"Well, we made it work last year," Fred replied.

"Yes, but this is a little different," I replied. "This would be all year and possibly for more than a year."

"Well, we can deal with next year when next year comes," Fred replied. "If this is what you want, we can make it work, Val."

"Okay," I replied, smiling. "Then I'll write Dumbledore and let him know."

"Great," he replied, gently pressing his lips to mine. I smiled, wrapping my arms around his neck as his arms went around my waist and I was forced to go on tip-toe. Pulling away, Fred asked, "So where are you staying for the summer?"

"I don't know," I admitted. "I really don't want to go back to Grimmauld Place."

"If it weren't for the fact that we don't really have room here I'd offer this place," Fred replied, frowning. "What if I talked to my mum about it?"

"Fred," I protested. "That's really not necessary. I'll probably just go back to Grimmauld Place."

"Not if you're uncomfortable there," Fred countered sympathetically.

"No, I have a house," I sighed. "I should use it. I just haven't been able to go back since Dad died."

"I can go with you if you want," Fred offered. "Once I get a break."

I thought about it for a moment before replying, "No, I should go by myself. I'll see you later, babe."

"Okay," Fred replied. "Let me know if you need anything. Love you."