114. Orphaned

I ran through the woods as fast as I could, the spirits trailing behind me. I rushed into the school, past the Great Hall, and into one of the many secret passageways I had discovered with Fred and George. Inside, I found exactly what I was looking for. Peace and quiet. I needed to think. I knew what we needed to win this war and that was to rid ourselves of Bellatrix, Petra, and Voldemort. I would leave the last of those to Harry, but as for the other two...

I sighed before suddenly there was a loud crashing sound and several pounding footsteps outside where I was hidden. I rushed out, spying several duels going on. I rushed into the Great Hall, seeing that Ginny, Luna, and Hermione were duelling Bellatrix and Petra all at once. 

"PETRA!" I screamed, storming up to her. She smirked, an evil, cruel expression and turned to face me. My eyes blazed as I faced her. My anger was so severe my feet scorched the ground where I walked as we circled each other. "Did you ever love him?" I asked, raising my wand an inch. 

She shrugged, not bothering to asking who I meant. "In a manner of speaking," she replied. "He was attractive, certainly. Most fun to toy with." I let out an angry scream, shooting a spell at her. She blocked it, letting out a high, cruel laugh. "Baby Valerie's feeling all defensive of her wretched father, now isn't she?" I cried out again, forming a flaming lasso and whipping it through the air to wrap around her. She cried out before quickly transfiguring it to smoke. 

"You know, I often wondered how much of myself I passed on to you," she remarked. "Your looks, your brains, and your personality are all him, but I always wondered if you got my taste for torture." I shot another spell at her. She blocked that one too. "Ever used an unforgivable curse before, Valerie?" 

"Would you like me too?" I snapped, eyebrow raised. Before she could respond and before she could say a word, I screamed, "AVADA KEDAVERA!" She crumbled. 

"NOOOO!" Bellatrix screamed, sending Hermione, Ginny, and Luna back with a single curse as she rushed over to her friend. Looking up at me with shock, she screamed, "YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT, YOU BITCH!" 

Smirking, I replied, "Good, I wanted to have a go at you anyways." 

"Why?!" she yelled, too angry to be her usual coy self. 

"YOU KILLED MY FATHER!" I thundered. She laughed animosity still the fuel behind the fire. "Ready to die?" 

"Not if I kill you first!" she yelled, lunging at me and firing a spell. I blocked it, sending it to ricochet into a Death Eater. I stayed in defence, keeping up a shield charm until she seemed to grow tired. I lowered it, firing a stream of golden fire at her chest. She was knocked back, her clothes scorched. 

We sent spell after spell at each other before finally, my hand slipped and she cried, "CRUCIO!" I screamed, falling to the ground. She sauntered over to me, a look of triumph on her face. Raising my chin with her wand, she said, "Now, you die. AVADA-" 

"NO!" Fred shouted, tackling her to the ground. She cried out in irritation as I got back to my feet, pointing my wand at her. Fred was shot back by her spell and I took my chance. 

"AVADA KEDAVRA!" I shouted. Her look of shock was frozen on her face as she fell. I kept my wand pointed at her, breathing heavily. Behind me, there was a sudden explosion. I ducked, shielding my face with my arms. When I straightened, what I saw caused every ounce of blood to drain from my face. Voldemort was lying dead on the floor. I was so shocked, I couldn't move. 

Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the two bodies on the floor. The ones I had killed. Bellatrix and Petra lay next to each other, their expressions both shocked and peaceful. I stumbled back, tripping and falling to the ground. Before anyone could help me up, I rushed from the room at a fill sprint.