84. A Moment You'll Never Forget

"Thank you for coming over," Molly said the moment I came inside.

"Of course," I replied. "What do you need help with?" Spotting the large bruise on Hermione's eye, I said, "Oh. Let me take a look."

"Fred and George made something that did it," Molly explained. As I was looking, Harry and Ron came down the stairs.

"Hey, Val," Harry said.

"Hi, Harry, Ron," I replied. "How're you?"

"Good," they replied.

"Hermione, sit still," I muttered.

"How am I to sit still? Our O.W.L. results are coming in today!" she shrieked.

"Calm down, Hermione," Ginny said.

"She's right," I said. "You'll be fine, Hermione." Turning to Molly, I said, "I don't know how Fred and George did this, but it's beyond me. I would have to go ask them."

"Hermione, will you shut up," Ron grumbled nervously. "You're not the only one that's nervous. And when you've got your ten 'Outstanding' O.W.L.s-"

"Don't, don't, don't!" Hermione interrupted. "I know I've failed everything!"

"What happens if we do fail?" Harry asked, looking around the room. I leaned back against the counter, watching with slight amusement as they freaked out over their grades.

"We discuss our options with our Head of House," Hermione said anxiously. "I asked Professor McGonagall at the end of last term."

"At Beauxbatons, we 'ad a different way of doing things. I think eet was better. We sat our examinations after six years of study, not five and then-" a new voice began. I turned, spotting a familiar woman with tall, flowing hair.

"Fleur?" I said in surprise. "Hi, w-what're you doing here?"

"Did you tell no one?" Fleur demanded, looking at Molly.

"She's marrying Bill," Ron said.

"Oh," I said. "Well, congratu-" I was cut off by a loud scream.

"They're defiantly owls!" Hermione screamed.

"And there are four of them," Harry added.

"Four?" Hermione repeated in surprise. One owl flew to Harry, Ron, Hermione, and finally myself.

"Oh, I forgot about my N.E.W.T. grades," I said, taking the letter.

Valerie Black has received:

Charms (O)

Defence Against the Dark Arts (O)

Arithmancy (O)

Potions (O)

Transfiguration (O)

Herbology (O)

Runes (E)

"Huh," I said, looking it over. "Not bad."

......................................................................................

A week had passed since results had come out and I was sitting at breakfast when Kreacher approached me and said, "Mistress, there is a letter for you."

"Oh, thank you," I replied, taking it from him. "Did you get some food, already? I made some sausages for you since they're your favourite."

His eyes lighting up, he replied, "Thank you, Mistress."