Getting through

As soon as we got onto the Helicarrier I immediately grabbed Loki and was escorted by a dozen of S.H.I.E.L.D's security down to his cell. We passed the labs and I noticed Bruce stopped working briefly to stare at me dragging Loki through the corridor.
"Might wanna stop smirking." I tell the God in my arms.
"Hmm I'll think about." He continued to smile.

I knew he was planning something and I was going to figure it out. When we got down to the cell. I stood on the platform with him and engaged my electronic taser silently threatening him while I unlocked his cuffs.

I pushed his chest into the cell and he smiled widely at me as I watch the door close in front of him. I walk over to Fury who was by the control panel.

"In case Agent Smith made it unclear. You try to escape. You so much as scratch that glass." He started to which I pressed down on a button that opened up a large hatch under the cell. I watched Loki peer down but his smile never faded.
"Thirty thousand feet, straight down in a steel trap. You get how that works?" Nick asked.
I closed the hatch while Nick pointed to Loki.

"Ant. Boot." Nick finished with pointing at the button I just pressed.
"It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." My eyebrows furrowed in confusion and curiosity.
"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Nick told him.
"Oh, I've heard." He said smugly looking to the cameras.

I knew right away he was planning something to do with the Hulk. I would have to come back down here later to further interrogate him.

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?" He asked but it was more pointed to me than Nick. He knew I was one of the creators of S.H.I.E.L.D. He had definitely done his research. But that made me think he was working for someone else rather than on his own accord. I confirmed this when I noticed his body language more. He put on a fantastic act of confidence but every now and then his eyes would flicker to check over his shoulder. His knees would bounce as if he was waiting for action and he fiddled with his thumbs.

He was under strict orders. I needed to get through to him.
"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did." Nick told him but Loki stared at me waiting for an answer, when I didn't give him one he replied to Nick.

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."
"Well, you let me know if Real Power wants a magazine or something." Nick smiled before walking off I watched him go and spared one last look at Loki watching his smile falter before heading back to the control room with Nick.

Nick went to debrief with some guards while I headed straight to the meeting room. I walked in and saw everyone sat round the table apart from Tony. Steve perked up at my entrance. I smiled over to him briefly.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce spoke.
"I agree. He's nothing special, I think he's getting orders." I tell everyone.
"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." Thor spoke up ignoring what I just said. I feel like the only person who heard what I said was Steve.
"He killed eighty people in two days." Nat and I say at the same time.
"He's adopted." Thor muttered making me scoff.

"I think it's about the mechanics. Iridium, what did they need the Iridium for?" I put my cards out on the table.
"It's a stabilizing agent. Means the portal won't collapse on itself, like it did at SHIELD." Tony announced walking in. I nodded in agreement.
"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." Tony claps Thor on the back.
"Also, it means the portal can open as wide, and stay open as long, as Loki wants." I tell everyone.