Fright of our lives

Civilians rush out the buildings they were hiding in as Cap and I tell the SHIELD agents where everyone is stationed and a round about number of how many there were to ensure no one got left behind.

"Thor, Sunny, I got a plan!" I hear Tony over coms.
"We're out of time. They're coming for the core." Thor informs us.
"Rhodey, get the rest of the people on board that carrier." Tony instructs.
"On it." He quickly replied flying over that way.

"Avengers, time to work for a living."

I smirk and nod at Tony in the air before rushing off towards the church but I get swept off my feet and in just a second I'm at my destination.

I look around confused and see a smirking silver head under me.
"You just couldn't help yourself could you?" I ask.
"Not really." He smirked letting me down. I roll my eyes and ruffle his hair up.
"You know I'm like eighty years older than you." I joke.
"Yeah but you don't look it." He flirts back.
"Don't let Cap here you say that."
"I could take him."
"Sure."

Everyone else soon arrives at the fire and we surround it in a circle to protect it.
"What's the drill?" Nat asks.

"This is the drill. If Ultron gets a hand on the core, we lose." Tony says as he points to the vibrainium core.

Ultron then shows up and flies towards us. We get into a defensive stance. Well...except Thor.

"Is that the best you can do?" The God challenged.

Just on command, Ultron summons his army of robots to join him.

"You had to ask." Steve says bluntly.

"This is the best I can do. This is exactly what I wanted. All of you, against all of me. How could you possibly hope to stop me?" Ultron threatens.
"Well, like the old man said. Together." Tony says.

I smirk and watch as the posse of robots fly towards our group trying to kill us. However, we do an almost perfect job of destroying them. We work together as a team and use our advantages and advances as one. Up above us Vision and Ultron are battling it out themselves. After the bot numbers go down Thor and Tony help Vision out knowing Ultron would not be as easy to kill. I notice they get enough damage on him and see Hulk smash him out of sight.

The other robots flee after seeing their master get injured.

"They'll try to leave the city." I yell out.
"We can't let 'em, not even one. Rhodey!" Tony called.
"I'm on it. Oh, no, I didn't say you could leave. War Machine, comin' at you, right-- Okay, what?" I hear Rhodey's commentary making me giggle.

After every single boy was cleared we regrouped again.
"We gotta move out. Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you." Steve told us.

"What about the core?" Clint asked.
"I'll protect it. It's my job." Wanda smiled slightly.
"I'll stay with her." I tell everyone knowing she may need backup if Ultron returned.

I offer the young girl a small smile and she returns it. Everyone else quickly agrees and leaves. However, Pietro lingers. I can tell he is nervous to leave his sister.
"Get the people on the boats." Wanda orders her brother.

"I'm not going to leave you here. Both of you." He says.
"It's alright, I'm not going to let anything happen to her." I promise the young boy.
"We can handle this. Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before. You understand?" Wanda instructs.

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you." Pieter hums.
"Go." Wanda chuckles.

He soon zooms off and the two of us keep an eye out for any lingering robots.
"I just wanted to say, I apologise-" Wanda started but I brushed it off.
"It's ok. Don't get me wrong I was severely pissed a few hours ago. But what your brother and you have done for this team, my family. You easily redeemed yourselves. I believe in second chances. This is yours, this is your family now and we will protect you." I tell her with a smile.

She smiled brightly back at me. It was true, this girl was barely twenty years old. She had been given powers by HYDRA, had to learn how to control them herself. She thought she was doing the right thing and now she was. I was proud.

"Thor, I'm gonna need you back in the church." I heard Tony over my coms.
"Is this the last of them?" I hear Thor ask someone.
"Yeah. Everyone else is on the carrier. Ali, can you hear me? Thor's coming back to the church we need you and Wanda to immediately get over here when he does."

I look to Wanda and see she also heard, we nod and I reply.
"Got it, we copy."

Everything was quite and it seemed we were getting through to a win but all of a sudden Wanda freezes. I look to her and walk over but she releases a burst of energy as she screams out and falls to her knees.

I fall back against concrete and groan. I open my eyes and see Wanda has gone.
"Wanda! Wanda!" I call but I can't see her anywhere.

"Ali where are you?" I hear Steve yell over coms.
"I'm still in the church." I reply.
"Ali get your ass onto a boat now! We don't have much time." Tony yells.
"Ok, I can make it. I just have to find Wanda. Everyone else get on a boat." I shout.
"NO! Not until you're here." Steve yells.

"Steve...it's ok. We have to do this now. I have to find Wanda." I say after a pause.
"I'm coming for you." Steve said.
"Steve wait-"

Before I could reply I felt the earth completely fall beneath me. I looked to the side and see I missed a singular bot as I was speaking and he pressed the core. I breathed out slowly and closed my eyes excepting my fate.

I let my eyes flash with memories.
Bucky.
Steve.
Tony.
Wanda.
Clint.
Nat.
Pietro.
Bruce.
Thor.
Loki.

I squeezed my eyes as I felt the earth exploding. The rumbling almost burst my eardrums and I waited for an impact but it never came.

I opened my eyes confused and saw I was wrapped up in Thor's arms as we flew in the air with his hammer.
"Are you alright Lady Allison?" He shouts to me. I let out an airy laugh relieved.
"Yes. Thank you!" I shout back over the wind.
"You're more than welcome." Thor smiles.
"Is everyone ok?" I ask.
"Yes everyone's fine. I'm getting you to a boat."

We soon end up on a life boat and Thor let's me down gently.
"Thank you." I say softly.
He just smiles and I return it.

"ALI! ALI! Oh my God!"
I turn around just in time to be crushed into Steve's chest. He wraps his arms tightly around me, almost suffocating me. I sighed and buried my head into his chest.
"It's ok. I'm here. I'm ok." I tell him softly.

"I thought you died." Steve croaked. I pulled away just to arms length and held his face in my hands.
"I didn't. I'm right here." I smile.

I wipe away his tears and kiss him gently but he pulls on my neck desperately. I wrap my arms around his neck.

When we finally pull away for air, Steve is quick to pull me back to his chest as he places his head in my neck and strokes through my hair. I sigh in content and stay in his arms until we arrive back to the tower.

When we get there I immediately walk over to Wanda and wrap her in a hug. I couldn't imagine loosing my sibling. I did once and I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

She hugs me back desperately for comfort and I take her to my room to get her cleaned up. I give her some clothes to wear and makeup the spare bedroom across from Steve's and my own.

I settle her in and stay with her the whole night making sure she was ok. Clint had gone back home as Laura was due to give birth any day. Steve went to visit Sam and everyone else was just settling my back in.

A month goes by and Tony had officially moved the Avengers up the city to a more rural area. It was surrounded by acres of land and the base was huge. We had the rest of SHIELD here along with the Avengers.

It was our new home. Steve and I had packed up everything we own and moved in immediately. Wanda was still only just across the hall from me and was doing much better. I thought of her as a little sister, sometimes even a daughter. I made a promise to Pietro that I would look after her no matter what and I would keep that promise.

A week after settling in, everyone was parting ways again. Clint was still at home with the new baby and his family. Thor was going back to Asgard, Tony to the tower. I felt saddened but I knew this wasn't it. We had plenty more adventures in our future and besides, mine and Steve's wedding was just around the corner.