Washington DC

Author's Note: Again, just another disclaimer. In no way am I an artist in any way, I just wanted to give you another idea of what I envisioned Allison's stealth suit to look like. Of course you can imagine it to look however you want. I just hope you are all enjoying the story so far. Love you all and thank you for reading! Xx

A few months had passed and Steve and I were now situated in Washington DC.
S.H.I.E.L.D moved their main base camp up here, so Steve and I made the decision to move up for a while, as we were constantly being asked to come in or go on missions.

We still had our home in Brooklyn but for now we had a smaller apartment here in D.C. Due to us being on missions majority of the time, we were never really home anyway.

Steve and I had been busy at work whether that was together or as an individual. I went back to my main priorities at SHIELD, while Steve got back into things. He was a main representative and agent now. He always lead groups into battle and I was really proud of him.

Also, being up here meant I was closer to Nat which I loved. I missed her a lot back home so I was happy to reunite with her. Every morning Steve would wake me up early before he went on his run.

He woke up earlier to get a workout in but I was in office earlier than him so I wouldn't go with him but he'd wake me up to say goodbye and then let me sleep in for another hour because by the time he got home I was gone.

It was always the same, he'd wake me up gently and kiss me goodbye before I would roll over and enjoy my extra hour lie in before getting up to the sound of my alarm.

Nothing seemed out of the ordinary today until Nick came into my office with an emergency mission that needed to be done tonight. Pirates had invaded one of our stock ships. It seemed strange but Nick wanted me to go as it was messy. I agreed and asked Nat to pick up Steve on her way to work.

A few hours later we were on the jet, on our way there. We had Rumlow's team with us. They were the best stealth team we had and with this job being some what messy we needed them. I wasn't too keen on Rumlow but I tolerated him. I just thought he was a bit to big for his boots and didn't always make the best decisions. He was selfish but he was one of our top agents. Not trained by me though.

On the topic of Stealth, Steve and I had new suits. They were darker in colour, mine almost being black. Tony asked if I wanted a completely new suit but I liked how mine always resembled Steve so I still asked it to be similar. Steve didn't mind at all, I think he secretly liked me better whenever I was in my suit.

We are now currently flying over the Indian Ocean. Steve and I along with Natasha are alongside the STRIKE team. We had more than enough people to take down however many pirates we're on board.

"The target is a mobile satellite launch platform: The Lemurian Star. They were sending up their last payload when pirates took them, 93 minutes ago." I start to debrief the team. I used the tech on board to highlight the pirates by name and picture so everyone could get a clear idea on who they were looking for.

"Any demands?" Steve asked me.
"A billion and a half." I reply.
"Why so steep?"
"Because it SHIELD's."
"So it's not off-course, it's trespassing."
"I'm sure they have a good reason." Nat piped up.
"You know, I'm getting a little tired of being Fury's janitor." Steve gritted his teeth.

I had to admit. Ever since our huge fight with the Chitauri in New York. Something just seemed off about SHIELD. It seemed as if no one trusted anyone anymore. I picked up on everything. Even Fury was acting a little strange. I had started to back up SHIELD data and intel ever since I noticed something was off. No one told me anything now a days. Completely keeping me out the loop.

Whenever, I confront someone about it they shrink over my gaze and splutter out a weak excuse. I built SHIELD. It was my company and my responsibility. Therefore, I hadn't even told Steve what I was doing. I was terrified someone would find out and use it against me, telling someone high up I didn't trust my own business.

This was for me and me only to handle. I would tell Steve and Nick when I felt it was safe but Steve was starting to pick up on it too. He wasn't stupid. This was never what SHEILD was about.

"Relax, it's not that complicated." Nat reasoned. Steve looked to me and I just shrugged. I had to play my act off well.

"How many pirates?" Steve asked again.
"Twenty-five." I reply.
"Top mercs, led by this guy. Georges Batroc." Rumlow carried on.

He shows us a photo of Batroc on the monitor.

"Ex-DGSE, Action Division. He's at the top of Interpol's Red Notice. Before the French demobilized him, he had thirty-six kill missions. This guy's got a rep for maximum casualties." I list off.

"Hostages?" Steve asks me directly.
"Uh...mostly techs. One officer, Jasper Sitwell." Rumlow butted in making me bite back a smile at Steve's stone cold expression.

I pull up Sitwell's photo on the monitor for them to see.
"They're in the galley." I tell everyone.

"What's Sitwell doing on a launch ship? Alright, I'm gonna sweep the deck. Allison find Batroc. Nat, you'll kill the engines and wait for instructions. Rumlow, you sweep aft, find the hostages, get them to the life-pods, get 'em out. Let's move." Steve ordered. I nod at him, already forming a plan in my head of where to go and what to do.

"STRIKE, you heard the Cap. Gear up." Rumlow booms to his team.

"Secure channel seven." Steve says into his communicator as I fix up my suit and weapons next to him. I then place my ear pierce in and strap my parachute on.
"Seven secure. Did you two do anything fun Saturday night?" Nat asks us.
"We went to get ice cream?" I offer her.
"Yeah, and we went to an animal shelter." Steve smiled to me.
"Yeah they were cute." I reply, smiling back to him.
"You two gonna get a dog now?" Nat asks.

"Coming up by the drop zone, Cap. Smith." The pilot informed us.
"Probably not, it won't be ideal with us doing this every other night." I reasoned.
"Well you are technically old enough to retire." Nat hit back.
"Then who would deal with all your crap?" I joke.
"Me." Steve exclaimed before jumping out the jet.
"Was he wearing a parachute?" Rumlow asks me.
"No. No, he wasn't." I smiled before jumping out myself.