The Wedding

Today was the day.

June 21st 2013. The day we had planned. The day we talked about for months.

I breathed in deeply as I looked in the mirror. I was still in my white satin robe. My hair was laying softly against my shoulders.

My anxiety had peaked this morning. When I had to say goodbye to Steve. I knew it was only for a few hours till I walked down the aisle but still. I woke up as Allison Smith and I would be going to sleep as Allison Rogers.

I was waiting for the girls to come in my room. Nat was my maid of honour. I couldn't think of anybody else who would be better for the role. She had been my best friend ever since she joined SHIELD. My other bridesmaids were Pepper, Wanda, Laura, Maria and Lila was my flower girl. They would all be coming into my hotel room to help me get ready.

I just sat there thinking about today, I was beyond excited. Steve's groomsmen were Tony, Sam, Clint and Thor. He also had Cooper as the ring bearer.

Steve didn't have a best man.
We had both discussed it. That role belonged to Bucky. Even though he couldn't be here it was his.

It did make me think, of all the people who couldn't be here today. My mum, my dad, Bucky, Steve's parents. It saddened me. At least Peggy was here. Her children brought her here and I was so excited to see her again.

I shook my head and got rid of all my negative thoughts. This was a happy day.

Just then I heard a knock at my door and I smiled before bouncing up and running to open it. Behind stood all my girls.
"Happy Wedding Day!" They all shouted making me laugh.

I bring them all into a hug and into the room.
"Are you excited?" Nat asked me as she sat me down on a stool next to my vanity.

"Yes, I'm a little nervous though." I admit.
"You have no reason to be. Steve loves you, this day will be perfect." Pepper told me.
"I hope so." I breath out nervously.

"Alright we better get ready ladies, we have a long day ahead of us." Wanda said. They all nodded in agreement and got to work.

Lila sat on my lap while we got ready. I did her hair in curls while Pepper and Nat did mine. I wanted my hair down as I always have it up for missions, I wanted to stand out...I was the bride after all.

It still felt weird saying that. I had known Steve my whole life but nothing could have prepared us for this moment. I was just full of love at this moment in time, I couldn't wait to see Steve at the alter.

Once they were finished with my hair, Wanda used her magic to do the bridesmaid hair. They also had it curled but in a half up do. I added flowers to their hair where it was pinned to compliment their dresses.

 I added flowers to their hair where it was pinned to compliment their dresses

Lila's hair: