Time Travel

On the way back from Tony's, Nat called Bruce and asked him to meet us at a small cafe in Brooklyn. Steve had suggested it since he and the kids loved coming here. We met Bruce and the kids were so excited to see him, it had been at least a month since he last visited. I remember when he was scared to death to visit after his transformation but I assured Bruce it was fine and James automatically fell in love with Bruce making him much more comfortable as the Hulk.

When we all sat down I made sure Natalie's highchair was just next to Bruce and I so I could feed her. James was digging in to some toast next to Steve and Scott, while I fed Natalie some more eggs seeing as she hadn't eaten in a few hours. Besides, my kids would eat anything placed in front of them. I was so thankful they were not picky eaters.

"Come on, I feel like me and the kids are the only ones eating." Bruce spoke, pushing a plate forward.
"Try some of that. Have some eggs." He encouraged. Poor Scott looked so confused and Nat along with Steve just wanted to get down to business but after throwing up this morning and realising I'm pregnant, I happily delved into some food while feeding Natalie making Bruce smile.

"I'm so confused." Scott blurted out.
"These are confusing times." Bruce waved off.
"Right. No, no, that's not what I meant." Scott trailed back.
"No, I get it. I'm kidding! I know. It's crazy. I'm wearing shirts now." Bruce exclaimed happily making Natalie gurgle and me giggle at them both.
"Yeah! Wh...How? Why?" Scott asks again, intrigued.

"Five years ago, we got our asses beaten. Except it was worse for me. Because I lost twice. First, Hulk lost, then Banner lost. Then, we all lost." Bruce told us.
"No one blamed you, Bruce." I told him gently placing my hand on top of his.

"And no one blames you Al. But I did blame myself. For years, I've been treating the Hulk like he's some kind of disease, something to get rid of. But then I started looking at him as the cure. Eighteen months in a gamma lab. I put the brains and the brawn together. And now look at me. Best of both worlds..." Bruce smiles at the end.

Then, three happy young children behind Bruce walk up to him tentatively to the table.

"Excuse me, Mr. Hulk?" The young girl asked.
"Yes?" Bruce replied happily.
"Can we get a photo?" She asked.
"100%, little person. Come on, step up. You mind?" Hulk asks Scott to take the picture making me chuckle lightly and pull Natalie out of her high chair and onto my lap out the way.

"Oh, yeah." Scott says as if it was no problem.
"Thanks, say green!" Bruce says. The children and Bruce say Green as Scott snaps the photo. I smile fondly at the interaction.

"Did you get that?" Bruce asks Scott.
"Don't you wanna grab one with me? I'm Ant-Man." Scott asks, handing the phone back making me mask my giggles by shoving some toast in my mouth.

The kids look confused and uncertain. I don't think they really knew who we were. Bruce was now known for Hulk and lived for it, as he was a human mixed mutant. He was cool. We were almost like a bunch of old grandparents.
"They're Hulk fans, they don't know Ant-Man. Nobody does." Scott speaks sadly.

"Wait, no, no, he feels bad. No, he wants you to...he wants to...You want to take a picture with him, right?" Bruce asks the young boys along with the girl. The boy shakes his head vigorously.

"Stranger Danger." The younger boy spurts out and I couldn't contain the giggle that slipped from my lips.
"He's even saying no he doesn't. I get it. I don't want it either." Scott mumbles.
"But, come on, the kid! But he...but you..." Bruce continues to try.
"I don't want a picture with them." Scott argues making my giggles get louder. Steve looks over to me with a smile as me and my kids continue to laugh together.

"He's gonna feel bad. Sorry. They said they'd do it." Bruce smiles kindly.
"I don't want it anymore." Scott fires back.
"No, no...you feel bad."
"Just take the goddamn phone."