45. No Cries

A/N: I have finally updated! Sorry it has taken so long, this has been sitting in my drafts. Thank you for your support and your lovely comments. I have been so swamped, who knew teaching 11-14 year olds would be so tiring. I have started writing the next chapter, hopefully it won't take me as long to get it out for you guys.

Also warning this chapter has some heavy stuff at the end regarding loss.

Thanks for reading x

ASHLEE'S POV:

"Just keep breathing... in through your nose and out through your mouth" Mike kept repeating in an annoyingly calm tone. I glared at him and then turned to Star, "He better stop telling how to breath or I'll rip his face off in a minute" I spoke through gritted teeth. Mike swallowed harshly before turning and walking back to the main part of the cave.

It was just Star and I and these contractions were becoming more and more unbearable. My eyes were watering from the pain but all I could think about was Marko, hoping he'd be back soon. My knuckles turned white from my strong grip on the bed sheets as Star's soothing voice kept me calm. "You're doing so well Ash, just keep breathing and push when I tell you to" I nodded in response. I was so thankful Star was with me, she just made me feel a lot calmer. The clinking of his boot buckles echoed through the cave and a wave of relief washed over me.

MARKO'S POV:
My dead heart felt like it was going to burst out of my chest as I ran, ran as fast as I could to get to Ash. I knew the boys were close behind me but all I could think about was getting back to the cave. I rushed past Mike who was pacing around the main part of the cave and bolted towards our room. The first thing I saw was Ash, her skin was glistening as the moon light shone down on her. I made my way over to her as she turned toward me and smiled. "I'm so glad you're here" her voice sounded tired and her face held a light pink tint, "there's no place I'd rather be" I reassured her.

"Oh my gosh, Ash are you okay?" You could hear Alice and Reah yell as they walk into the room. I watched as Ash sighed but placed a small smile on her tired face. "Yes I'm okay, just a bit tired is all" Ash sighed. "Is there anything that you need, anything I can help with?" I asked. She bought her hand up to my cheek and lightly caressed it, her eyes sparkled brighter than I had ever seen them and her light pink cheeks made her look like an angel. I'm so lucky to be able to wake up next to her for the rest of my life, normally I would feel happy but something felt off, something was wrong but I didn't know what. "I have everything I need, as long as I have you" she snapped me out of my daze.

Her screams reverberated through the cave and her breath became ragged. All I could do was watch as she pushed, 9 long hours later and our bay still wasn't here yet. Oh how I wanted to do anything to help, but I couldn't. As the minutes went on sheer dread washed over me as Ash pushed with every last bit of energy she had left. With a final push the cave was silent, the only thing you could hear was Ash regaining her breath and the waves crashing outside.

No cries.

Something wasn't right. Our baby wasn't crying. I looked at the girls as they stood there, their faces holding an emotion I never wanted to see.

"Marko, where's our baby?" Ash's raspy and tired voice whispered. I looked back down to her tired face and then back to Star. Star shook her head and I watched as a single tear slid silently down her face, her lips mouthing the words 'I'm sorry'.

Ash shifted, trying her hardest to sit up. I helped her slightly as the girls stood there, not knowing what to do. "What's wrong?" Ash questioned everybody, her eyes shifting between everyone. Star looked at her holding the small bundle in her arms as another stray tear fell. "I'm so sorry Ash" her voice was small, only slightly above a whisper.