43. Remembering to Drink

ASHLEE'S POV:

Stretching as I woke up I could feel Marko's sleeping form next to me. He looked like an angel when he was asleep, so content. I made my way out to the main area but no one else seemed to be awake. I decided to surprise Marko with breakfast but the boys had zero food here. Getting changed into something comfy I made my way out, towards the boardwalk to get some food.

The sun was beaming down as I walked to the boardwalk

The sun was beaming down as I walked to the boardwalk. I made sure to grab enough food for everyone, even the other lost boys incase they decided to get up. Making my way back I started feeling nauseous and flustered, I tried walking faster but my legs could only go so fast. Stopping for a breather the heat was making it worse. My legs finally gave way, collapsing on the ground. My head was pounding and I felt starved, my eyes rolled back and all I could see was darkness.

MARKO'S POV:

The sun streamed in causing me to awaken from my deep sleep, frowning I saw that Ash wasn't next to me. Her spot was cold so she hadn't been there for a while. Getting up I couldn't see her anywhere and her scent was only faint meaning she had left the cave a while ago. I decided to go out and find her, worrying about whether she was okay or not. After what happened with that girl from the diner I had every right to be worried. I didn't want Ash to get hurt nor did I want our baby to as well. I finally had something worth... living? Yeah... living for. I wasn't going to let anyone take that away from me.

Catching her scent I kept following the trail the pumpkin and vanilla becoming stronger. Caught in a trance so focused on the scent I bumped into someone. "Shit sorry" I said while rubbing my head. "Oh no, I should say sorry" that sickly voice from last night filled my ears as I realised who it was. Trying to refrain from growling and ripping her to shreds I kept my mouth shut. She grinned from ear to ear making me sick. "You know we would be so much better together than that other cow you're with" I had to try so hard not to rip her throat out right then and there. Trying to get passed her Ash's scent was strong, she was close. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Ash laying there unconscious, I rushed over to her finding she was still alive and breathing. A sigh of relief escaping my lips. Caressing her face I saw her eyes begin to flutter open, she looked tired, almost drained. That's when it all clicked, she hasn't had any blood since the incident at Max's house. Whipping my head around back to the waitress I quickly stood up a walked back over to her. I could see her horrible smirk playing on her lips, if only she knew what was coming next. Leaning slowly into her neck I could hear her heart beating rapidly, glancing up she still had her smirk plastered on her face. My face contorted and my fangs began to grow as I sunk them into her neck piercing her skin. I could feel her tense and try to scream as I quickly placed my hand over her mouth to muffle her cries for help. Pulling back I could see her choking on her own blood and her eyes were filled with horror as her life began to drain. I dragged her towards Ash pushing her downwards. I could see Ash slowly pushing herself up. "Here doll, I'll help you. You need to feed" I whispered in her ear. I could see Ash's face changing as the smell of blood made its way to her and with the blink of an eye she lunged at the girl draining her of every drop of blood she had left. "God I feel so much better!" Ash sighed with relief causing me to chuckle. I wiped the drop of blood off of the corner of her mouth as she grinned at me. Looking back at the now dead waitress I hoisted her over my shoulder to take her back to the cave so we could burn the body.

ASHLEE'S POV:

Remembering to drink blood hadn't quite made it into my brain yet so I'm lucky Marko found me otherwise I would have been properly dead. I felt so much better after feeding although I was still kinda hungry but I could wait till the boys go out tonight for a feed to tag along. Making our way back to the cave Marko disposed of the body and I made quick work of breakfast. I had an assortment of fruits and so many different cereals, the boys didn't really have anywhere to cook food so fruit and cereals was all that would work. "Ooooh this looks good doll" he smiled "it's just fruit and cereals, you guys definitely need a space to cook proper food" I laugh.

We both sat and ate our food on the couch. Marko could really eat, I sat staring at him wondering how I managed to get so lucky sitting next to this gorgeous boy. Not sure if it was the pregnancy hormones kicking in but he looked like one of those incredible Roman statues and I couldn't tear my eyes off of him. "You okay doll?" He asked as he locked eyes with me. "I've never been better" I grinned placing my plate on the side table and cuddling up to him.

I couldn't wait to spend the rest of my life with this boy I thought as I closed my eyes feeling him rest his head on top of mine.