38. Didn't Expect to See You Here

MARKO'S POV:
I must have slept through the boys coming home because what woke me wasn't them, it was the warm Santa Carla sun streaming through the cave. I couldn't believe I could finally see and feel the sun, it was a dream come true and it was all possible because I met Ash. Hearing her soft snores she looked like and angel. Brushing her hair off of her face I couldn't help but smile down at her. Her eyes began to flutter open as she started to wake up. The way her eyes sparkled in the daylight was like nothing I had ever seen before.

"Morning handsome" her morning voice slightly huskier than her normal. Grinning from ear to ear she made me the happiest I've ever felt. "Morning beautiful" I said with a kiss on her forehead.

"We should go for a trip somewhere, I'd love to see Santa Carla in the daylight" I say running my fingers through Ash's hair. "Of course! Maybe we could have a picnic somewhere" Ash beamed. "We will just have to stop off at home because I haven no clothes here" she laughed. Slowly getting out of the bed I put on my clothes seeing Ash getting out of the bed, her belly looked slightly bigger than last night and she must have noticed rubbing her hands over it. I slowly walked up behind her wrapping my arms around her placing hands on top of hers smiling as I left kisses on her neck. "Let's go lover boy" she smirked as she left my grip to put her dress back on. We made our way out of the cave taking my first steps out in the daylight since I was turned. The morning air smelling fresher than the night time, oh how I've missed this feeling.

Kickstarting my bike I felt Ash snuggle close to me as we headed back to her house. Slowing down as we neared her house I helped her off of my bike. This place was something else, there was stuff everywhere seeing it all caused me to laugh. Her grandpa definitely had a thing for dead stuffed animals.

ASHLEE'S POV:
I could see Marko smiling as he looked at grandpas stuff, I mean grandpa was eclectic so I could see why he was so fascinated. Dragging Marko inside I made sure to formally invite him in. Walking into the lounge towards the stairs mom was in the kitchen, "Ashlee dear, where were you last night? Oh, who might this young man be?" Mom asked with raised eyebrows. "Mom, this is Marko. Marko this is my mom Lucy" I introduced them as Marko walked up to mom extending his hand smiling as he gently shook her hand. She smiled at Marko just as Sam and Mike entered for breakfast their faces filled with utter shock. Marko turned to them with his shit eating grin, "hey guys!" Marko greeted my brothers, their shock still evident on their faces. "Uh hey Marko, didn't expect to see you here" Mike said as Sam stood still, speechless. "Oh you boys know each other?" Mom quizzed the boys. "Yeah, Marko and his brothers normally hang out at the boardwalk so that's how we all met" I answered moms question, making sure the Mike and Sam didn't say anything stupid. Mom smiled at my answer as the boys just stared at me. Over the tension I grabbed Marko's hand and led him up to my room closing the door behind us. "Nice posters" Marko laughed looking at my poster clad wall housing a few of my favourite people. Blushing slightly Marko amused himself by looking through my bookshelf. I made my way to my wardrobe scanning through what I wanted to wear. Opting for another one of my loose summer dresses, my stomach had grown slightly over night and I needed to make sure no one could see it. As I started to take off my dress I could feel Marko's eyes roaming my body, not going to lie whenever he looked at me I felt empowered. I slipped my dress on getting ready for our day.

Heading back down stairs I said a quick goodbye to my family before Marko and I headed off

The sun was beating down, the heat warming my bones as I felt the salt air whipping past me as we rode along the coast. Making our way further away from the bustling of the city, as much as I loved the city it's always nice to get away from it.