16. Invitation

ASHLEE'S POV:

Feeling the warmth stream in I could feel it dancing on my skin, my eyes were slightly puffy from the night of crying. I hauled my ass out of bed making my way down to the kitchen. Looks like everyone was still in their rooms, so I think that means it's my turn to make breakfast. Being the over achiever I am I decided to make sausages, bacon, spaghetti annnnnd hash browns. Everything was going fine as Sam came into the kitchen humming, "That smells good Ash!" He said checking out what I was doing. "Actually now that you're here could you give me a hand please!" I say sucking up to Sam. Thankfully Sam is a good kid and he always helps me when I ask. It felt weird, the last time Sam and I cooked was years ago for Mikes 13th birthday. We decided to make him a chocolate birthday cake making an absolute mess but it was fun and Mike loved his cake too which was a bonus!

"Morning mom!" Smiling as mom enters, she looks so happy and it warms my heart. "So... how was your date last night?" Sam looks disgusted at my question but I ignore him, mom was too happy and I didn't want to take that away from her. "It was really lovely, Max was such a gentleman. I was going to invite him over for dinner tonight" she smiled. Sam looked uneasy about having Max over and to be honest so was I, he held this weird aura that I couldn't get past but mom was just so excited and I couldn't burst her bubble. "Oh that's lovely mom, we will make sure we are out of your hair so you can have the house tonight" "That's nice Ash but I was hoping you could all be here, I'd love for you guys to meet Max properly". Looking at Sam you could see how uncomfortable he was, swallowing the lump in my throat, "of course mom, we will be there. I'll make sure Mike knows as well" a small fake smile on my face, thankfully she couldn't tell we felt uncomfortable, that would break her heart. With that she left to start her shift at the video store.

Grandpa walked in with his glasses on making his way to the fridge, "Looks like someone got lucky last night" Sam laughed causing me to giggle. Mike walked in at the same time looking like the younger version of gramps. "Looks like I wasn't the only who got lucky last night" grandpa smirked causing Sam and I to erupt in laughter.

Heading to the bathroom I needed to wash off the regret from last night. Choosing to have a bath instead of a shower I wanted to relax my muscles before I headed out. I decided to light some candles and incense, it always helped with clearing my mind.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts I got out of the bath and dressed into some clothes.

I went to check on Mike, I needed to talk to him, he was becoming distant again.