18. He Feels Like Home

SAM'S POV:

I hated seeing Ash upset but what the boys had to say seemed important to help understand what was happening with Mike, I needed to know if there was something I could do. She looked pissed to say the least but I needed to know what they were going to say.

"Look Sam, your sister is great but I've been watching how close she is with those lost boys and they're no good. They've done this to your brother, Sam they're vampires" Edgar's words were laced with seriousness and Alan had an unreadable face. "By the sounds of it your brother is only half, since he doesn't crisp up in the sun" Alan added. I was in shock, was I hearing this right my brother was a half vampire and the lost boys were vampires. "If he is a half then the only way to turn him back is to kill the head vampire" Edgar stated. "And how the hell do we find the head vampire?" I was getting frustrated, these guys were talking about vampires, I couldn't wrap my head around any of it!

"Well do you have any ideas who it could be?" Alan asked. " It could be the blonde one with the mullet but Ash also caught weird vibes from Max but that might be reading too far into it" I kept thinking about possibilities.

ASHLEE'S POV:

Storming out of the comic book store I didn't want to be around anyone. I needed to clear my head so I did it the only way I knew how. The sweet smoke filled my lungs I could feel the rush taking a hold of me. Walking around the beach I found a secluded spot just to sit and think about everything that had happened. I closed my eyes inhaling the sea air my eyes refusing to reopen I fell into a deep sleep.

~

The cool sea air nipped at my skin and the crashing of waves woke me up from my sleep, shivering from the coolness of the dark I got up realise it was night time. I had to get back for dinner but the last thing I wanted was to go back home and see my brothers.

Dragging my feet through the sand I made it back to the boardwalk, putting my shoes back on I could hear the bikes coming towards me. Looking up I saw them again, I knew something about them was wrong but that didn't matter to me anymore. I was still upset that Mike attacked me and Sam thought I should leave from the comic book store, with that I made my way over to Marko. Though they were bad news I was drawn to him, he made me feel safe.

MARKO'S POV:

I could see Ash in the distance, to say she looked good was an understatement mind you she always looked beautiful. Her smile was infectious but tonight something didn't seem right, she didn't seem her usual happy self.

"Hey Marko" her voice was small. Wrapping my arms around her I inhaled her scent resting my head on top of hers.

ASHLEE'S POV:

Being in Marko's arms made me feel like I was home, he feels like home. Nothing else mattered when I was with him. "Can we get out of here? Just you and me?" I questioned staring into Marko's eyes. Nuzzling back into his chest I could make out the words 'anything for you'. A smile played on my lips and with that we got onto his bike and left the rest of the lost boys.

The wind in my hair, I was finally happy. It was just us.

Me

And

Marko.