30. Tough Cookie

ASHLEE'S POV:

Please come back, I can't lose you

His voice, it was him, Marko. I wanted nothing more than to get back to him. My body felt cold as I felt Marko's hand caress my face. His touch sent warmth through my body. What was this that I was feeling, am I dead? Is this what death feels like?

I was scared, I wanted so badly to see my family and everyone again. Max had drained the life out of me and I had come to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to see anyone again. Was this some sick joke being able to hear everyones voices while my body was numb. My eyes refusing to open, just let me see them one last time. I prayed to get back. I could still feel the pain radiating off of my wound where Max bit me. The voices were fading and I was feeling colder than before. Everything was pitch black as I felt like I was floating, floating in nothing. A feeling forming in my stomach that I had never felt before.

MARKO'S POV:

Nothing was happening, Ash was still limp. The warmth from her body had completely gone. I looked at Alice and then to Reah, both of their eyes glued to Ash. Mike and Sam were unreadable.

"Come on Ash. Come back to us, I know you can. You're a tough cookie remember" Alices words filled with despair. "How about we take her back to the cave" Star spoke as we all looked at her. Looking back down at Ash I lifted her up in my arms making our way back to the cave.

Entering the cave I placed Ash onto the bed, gently brushing her hair out of her face. She was the epitome of beauty what I would do just to hear her voice again, to see her smile.

"Hey Marko" David pulled me out of my thoughts. "We are gonna go and feed. I think you need to come as well. Clear your head" looking back at Ash I was feeling weak. David was right, I needed to feed but I didn't want to leave her. Placing a soft kiss on her lips, "Please come back". Pulling myself away I went with my brothers to feed, my tears drying as we stepped into the cold night.

SAM'S POV:

Marko and the boys left, I knew he didn't want to go and you could tell how much he cared for Ash. Maybe these boys weren't as bad as what I thought. I mean they were dicks sometimes but the way Marko didn't think twice about saving Ash is something I'll never forget. Mike was beside himself as Star tried getting through to him. I sat next him as he rocked back and forth. "Mike, you need to calm down" I tried speaking calmly. He looked at me, his eyes red from crying. "Sam, it's all my fault. Ash is dead because of me" he whispered tears falling from his eyes. "If I wasn't so stupid, I wouldn't have drunk that stuff and everything would have been fine. She would be here" Mikes voice wavering.

We sat in silence after that, not knowing what to say or do. What were we going to tell mom and grandpa.