14. Suppose You Meet a Witch

ASHLEE'S POV:

God I felt so weak, I hate feeling weak. If I had of been in control a bit better I would have been able to take them on and things would have been okay. Now the guys might be in shit because of me, I mean they seemed like they could handle it but you can never judge a book by it's cover. "I know what you're thinking Ash but the boys will be fine" Star reassured me patting my shoulder. With a small smile I nervously paced around the cave. Mike engulfed me in a hug catching me by surprise but I felt safe, though I might be older than Michael he was taller than me and he used to look out for me at high school.

"I know I've been distant since mom and dad split but I'm here for you Ash, we all are" he whispered in my ear still holding me close. "Thanks Mikey" you could barely hear come from my lips. Breaking apart Laddie came up to me holding a book, "Ash, could you please read me this book?" the normally quiet boy asked showing me the book, Suppose you met a witch, how fitting I chuckled lightly to myself. "Sure little man, go and get comfy on the couch and I'll come and read it" with that he ran to the couch patting the spot next to him.

Getting comfy while Laddie listened I began, "Suppose you met a witch..."

MARKO'S POV:

Making our way towards the surf nazis you could hear their hearts pumping their blood through their bodies. There was such a selection to choose from, it was like a buffet of bodies.

Let's make these assholes squirm, Paul was fired up

Advancing we decided to make it as painful as possible for them. Grabbing onto one of them from behind I bit down on his neck hearing his blood curdling screams echo through the night. Out of the corner of my eye I could see David feeding off of ones head. Not only did it feel good to feed it felt even better knowing that these assholes wouldn't be able to hurt anyone anymore, let along hurt Ash. I could see one struggling to crawl away. Walking over to his injured body I yanked him by his leg causing him to scream in pain as my nails dug into his leg. With a sadistic grin I ripped his neck apart severing his head from his body in the process. Our menacing laughs taking over from the screams of pain.

DAVID'S POV:

Fuelling the fire I could hear the boys hooting and hollering, we had successfully drained every last one of them placing them on the fire. It always felt good getting rid of trash from this god forsaken city. I closed my eyes taking in the warmth of the fire, seeping through my pores reminding me of the warmth of the living. I know Star was never going to hurt Michael and I couldn't kill him myself since he was Ash's brother and well that would just cause hell between everyone. I needed to talk to Max, I didn't know what to do and I'm too pigheaded to let Start go. She's already a half vampire, same with Michael and the only way they can go back is if Max dies but that won't happen. That can't happen... can it? I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard the boys yell they were heading back before sunrise.

MARKO'S POV:

We headed back to the cave, David seemed focused on something else but we couldn't get through to his thoughts so we left it. If he wanted us to know he would tell us when he's ready. Making our way down to the cave I could tell Ash was still here, her scent making it's way to me. Surely enough there she was laying on the couch sleeping softly, a book almost falling our of her hand and Laddie laying on top of her. Trying not to wake her I placed a blanket over her and Laddie. With a final glance at her we made our way to the pole to sleep.