21. Goodnight Princess

ASHLEE'S POV:

I could get lost in his eyes, they held so many secrets that I wanted to learn about. I didn't want this moment to end, I felt happier around him he made me feel calm. Smiling at the sweet boy laying on me I knew he was all I wanted, all I needed. To say I was falling for him was wrong because, truthfully, I had already fallen for him.

As much as I didn't want to I knew I had to head back home, mom would be pissed but I wasn't worried she would get over it. "Hey Marko, as much as I'd love to stay here with you I should probably head back home" I whispered. "Sure thing doll" he said staring up at me, his cheeky smile melting my heart. Slowly getting up and putting my skirt and t-shirt back one, well what was left of it, I could feel something wrap around me. "Here doll, you'll need this" he placed his jacket around me. "No it's fine honestly" I tried protesting but he was having none of that. His jacket smelt just like him and was surprisingly warm considering how cold he usually felt.

Hopping onto the back of Marko's bike a snuggled up to him getting comfy for the ride home, it was a short ride which I was a wee bit sad about, I didn't want to say goodbye. Pulling up to grandpas house it looked like Max wasn't there anymore, thank god. Pulling me out of my thoughts Marko grabbed my hand pulling me into him gently kissing his lips. "Here" I said taking his jacket off much to his dismay "no keep it" he smiled. "As much as I want to I don't want you to freeze to death" I smiled as he chuckled lightly shaking his head. Letting me give him back his jacket he popped it back on, "it looks better on you anyway" I said to him blushing slightly. "Goodnight Marko" I said with a final kiss on his cheek "Goodnight princess, I'll see you tomorrow night" he winked. As I walked up to the front door he waited until I was safe inside.

Running up to my room I heard his bike ride off into the night. I felt like a giddy teenager again! Quickly changing into my pjs I was ready for bed, everyone else must have been asleep already because no one seemed to notice me come home. Thinking about the night my mind trailed back to Mike and Sam, as much as I was angry at both of them I was worried. Mike had something big going on and Sam and the Frog brothers seemed like they were in their own world. I also thought about how mom was, Max was not who he said he was. I had a bad feeling about him and I don't know what it was, I needed to know more. My mind was running a million miles and my last thought was about the girls, I missed Alice and Reah. I hope they move here soon, at least I would be able to talk to them about everything and even tell them about Marko. With that I struggled to find sleep but surely enough I was consumed by darkness.