12. Comic Kids

ASHLEE'S POV:

Slowly stretching my arms and legs I wake from my little nap. Babooshka by Kate Bush was now playing another voice that sent chills through my body. Staring in my mirror the bruise on my cheek had darkened slightly and I struggled to cover it with makeup. I ended giving up, covering it as best I could. I decided to redo my messy bun as I couldn't be bothered curling my hair or doing anything fancy.

"Hey Ash can we go to the comic book store tonight?" Sam was standing at my door "Of course we can! You know I'd never say no to a comic book run" I smiled at the boy. Michael had finally come out of his cave of a bedroom, to be honest he looked like shit. "Mikey are you all good man?" I questioned him as he walked past "Yeah I'm fine" he huffed. I looked at Sam "What's his problem?" "I have no idea Sammy, your guess is as good as mine" I went back to getting ready. Tucking my white top into my black leather skirt and putting on my trusty black and white doc Martens I was ready to take Sam to the comic store and finally spend some time with my younger brother.

I'm assuming Mike went to find Star and the lost boys since his bike was already gone, who knew though he was acting strange but it was Ash and Sam time tonight

I'm assuming Mike went to find Star and the lost boys since his bike was already gone, who knew though he was acting strange but it was Ash and Sam time tonight. Jumping onto my bike Sam got on behind me and we headed to the boardwalk and the Frog brothers comic book store. Making it to the boardwalk we grabbed a thick shake and some fries to share before we made our way to see the Frog brothers.

"Ah good to see you again Ash" Alan greeted me, Edgar just stared as I walked in. "Good to see you too Alan... and Edgar" I sent them both a smile while Edgar grunted in response, huh tough crowd. Looking through the comics I could see the Frog brothers talking to Sam about something but I was too busy enjoying the different comics to join in. "Have you found any good ones sis?" Sam whispered to me. "They're all good in this store" Edgar piped in. Sharing a small laugh with Sam I shook my head. "Hey how about we go on some rides? We haven't been on any since we've been here, yet we're always down here" I ask Sam. Without answering he grabbed my hand and we lined up at the giant dipper. Then onto the bumper cars and finally the carousel. Sam decided he wanted to go back to the comic book store and hang out with his new friends while I decided to head to the beach for a bit. Making my way to the beach I saw Michael with Star and the lost boys, contemplating where to go I chose to see Mike. We hadn't spent much time together since mom and dad's divorce and I actually kinda missed my little big brother.

"Hey Mikey, what are you guys doing?" I asked as everyones eyes fell on me, talk about being centre of attention. "Nothing much sis, just hanging out really" he answered. Moving closer towards Star I thought it would be a good idea to get to know her since Mikes taken a real liking to her. "So Star, what do you do?" Looking at Star with a soft smile I waited for her response. "Nothing currently. I'm a bit of a free spirit, taking each day as it comes" her body becoming calmer with each word "how about you?" She questioned. "I'm waiting to start back at college. I'm a fine arts major, much to mom and dad's disappointment" I chuckle, "they wanted  me to go into nursing or something like that, but I've always been a creative kid so that's what I'm doing" a genuine smile on my face as I see the rest of the group listening.

The smell of alcohol makes its way towards my nose, making me feel sick to my stomach. Drawing my attention away from Star, looking in the direction of where it's coming from.