36. You'll Find Out When the Time is Right

ASHLEE'S POV:

Our food made its way to the table, delivered by none other than the waitress from before. Every chance she got she'd try and engage in conversation with Marko. He didn't seem too interested as he rested his hand on my thigh, tracing patterns on my skin. When she wasn't receiving any attention she left. "Thank god she's gone" Alice glared at the waitress. Laughing at Alice's reaction we finished off our food and split the bill.

Marko led me out with the others to the beach where the boys had set up a bonfire, the warmth of the fire heating my cold soul. I could see Mike pulling out a couple of joints from his back pocket, offering me one first. "Uh no thanks Mikey, I'll pass this time" he stared at me not knowing what to say. Shaking his head he kept eye contact as I could see Sam staring as well.

Maybe we should tell them, Marko spoke to me through the mind link

I looked at him with soft eyes as I felt the other lost boys staring at us, they must have heard Marko.

not yet, i pleaded, I don't know how they'll take it

Looking back at my brothers they seemed to have settled down. Marko grabbed my hand as I felt David boring holes into my skin with his eyes.

Aaaaash, David drew out the a in my name. He must have only opened his mind to me because no one else seemed to have heard it.

are you and Marko hiding something, he questioned

you'll find out when the time is right David but that isn't now, I stared him down

A rough growl escaped David's mouth drawing everyone's attention to him. David didn't like being challenged but unfortunately for him I wasn't a push over. Paul laughed breaking the tension, "well Ash, since you aren't going to have any I'll take your share" he said taking the joint out of Mikes hand causing everyone else to laugh. David sulked by himself but we all quickly forgot about his sour mood.

Inhaling the salty air I felt at home with everyone here, even moody David. I couldn't help but smile seeing everyone having a good time, even the Frog brothers came down and hung out for a bit. Placing a hand on my stomach I felt a bit light headed, "Are you okay doll?" Marko rubbed my back. Smiling back him I sent him a small nod, "I might just take a bit of a walk" I said as I slowly stood up. "I'll come" "no it's fine, I'll only be a few minutes" he smiled up at me.

Heading away from the noise of the group I needed to clear my head. The soft sand beneath my feet calming me with every step.

Sitting out watching the waves crash the echoes of people mixing with the sound of the ocean clouded my mind. "Not hanging around your boyfriend and his little gang" I spun around to see none other than the waitress from the diner with her group of friends. Turning forward I tried my best to ignore her and her annoying friends, I couldn't be bothered dealing with this shit. "You know, your boyfriends really hot. I bet he'd rather have a real woman than someone like you" her and her friends snickered. Standing up I turned to face them, anger oozing off of me. "How about you fuck off" I snapped earning sarcastic 'oohs' from the group as they began laughing again. Feeling completely done with this conversation I spun on my feet in the direction of Marko and the group just as her hand wrapped around my arm. Her smoke laced breath making me feel ill as she spoke, "he's going to be mine" she said as she pushed me back causing me to fall back onto the ground grazing hands in the process.

Sighing I dusted myself off heading back to the bonfire, "hey doll, how was your walk?" Marko smiled his cheesy grin going to grab my hand. His eyebrows knitted together, as he grabbed my hand revealing the cuts. "What happened?" He growled as everyone looked at me. "It's nothing Marko, don't worry about it!" I shut him down. I felt bad but I didn't want him sorting stuff out again like last time, it made me feel weak and I wasn't weak. "Sorry, I didn't mean to snap. Can we just go back to the cave please?" I asked as he kissed my hands. "Anything for you doll".

With that Marko and I left heading back to the cave, clinging onto him as we left the bustling of the boardwalk to the comfort of the cave.