31. I had my Answer

ASHLEE'S POV:

The floating feeling was beginning to change, I felt like I was laying on something. Something soft and silky. My fingers started moving feeling the silk beneath them. The smell was familiar, a hint of musk and death, I was in the cave. Confusion clouding my mind, I thought I was dead, was I not? My heavy eyelids finally beginning to open, my eyes foggy, trying to adjust to the light. I could hear voices, it sounded like Sammy and Mike. My body aching a little bit as I slowly pushed myself up onto my arms. To say I felt different was an understatement, I felt stronger although my stomach felt a little bit queasy. Sitting up I swung my legs over the edge of the bed. Staring out I could see my brothers with my girls, their faces draining of colour frozen with shock, I smiled at them.

"ASH!" Sam yelled rushing over to me knocking me back down onto the bed. Laughing at him I was equally as shocked and happy as him. "You're alive! It worked!" Looking at him puzzled as everyone came over, Mike engulfing me in the biggest hug. "I'm so glad you're okay" his voice muffled by my hair. Pulling him back to look at me, "are you okay?" I ask him, searching his eyes for any trace of him still being a vampire but I couldn't see anything. He looked like my normal annoying brother that I love dearly. "I should be asking you the same thing" I smiled at his response, "never been better" he laughed at my words causing everyone else to laugh. Everyone was asking me questions which started to overwhelm me a bit. "So is anyone going to tell me what happened?" I asked waiting for some kind of answer. I was still unsure how I was alive. That's when it clicked, his scent hitting me like a ton of bricks. No one was answering me but that didn't matter, I had my answer.

MARKO'S POV:

Going out with the boys wasn't the same knowing Ash was gone. She wasn't coming back. I didn't know what to do anymore, I didn't want to live without her. My brothers dragged me back to the cave, I didn't want to go back, I didn't want to see her laying there. Maybe I could stay out, wait for the sun to rise and then I could be with her. "I know what you're thinking bud, but it ain't happening" Dwayne pulled me from my thoughts. Sighing, "I know". Dragging my feet we made our way back to the cave. A wave of vanilla, cinnamon and pumpkin filling the air at the entrance caused tears to prick my eyes. Her scent was always going to haunt me.

OOF! I walked straight into Paul. "Dude! What's wrong with you. Why would you stop right in the doorway?" I said rubbing my head looking up at him. Not listening to me his eyes staring forward like he had seen a ghost. Following his gaze, he had seen a ghost. This can't be real, she can't be real. I didn't care what I thought, it seemed like my legs had a mind of their own. Before I knew it my arms wrapped around Ash, inhaling her sweet scent my Cheshire grin plastered on my face. Breaking apart I cupped her face in my hands, "you came back" happy tears were now streaming down my face. Her smile melting my cold heart. I never wanted to let this girl go, no, I WASN'T going to the let her go. "Don't worry, you don't ever have to let me go. I'm not going anywhere" her voice like silk.